Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player, Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 3.6 user needs HELP

Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many solutions on this forum for using Firefox with Flash Player and getting it to work -- however I am dizzy from reading all the technical stuff that I can't begin to understand.  I don't even know what Flash Player does.  I don't know where it is or whether I need to update it.  Periodically I get a message from Firefox that says I need to update it immediately, but the directions to do so are way too complex for this computer user. I began using a PC as soon as they were available when computer stuff was much more straight-forward.  I just want things to work without all these complications.  I have a few questions: 

1.  How do I know whether or not Flash is working on my computer.  I get periodic messages from Firefox that say I need to Update Flash Player.  But I'm afraid to update something that I don't know is broken.

2.  I can't begin to understand HOW to update.  Tried to update from the Firefox site.  It diverted me to a list of instructions which looked easy enough EXCEPT there was no yellow bar on my screen and therefore no "Edit Options."

3.  When I read through many of the posts related to these issues, I realized that I do not have the capability to understand the instructions given to make all this work. I have Firefox 3.6.10.  Should I really uninstall it and download the 32-bit version?? I would be pretty afraid to download a Beta version of Flash Player for  64 bit since the description says it might be unstable in its infancy.

4.  Where on earth do I find the Flash Player program currently installed?.

5.  A screen just popped up that said it would Install Flash Player 10.1.  Should I install it with Firefox 3.6?  Or will this cause things not to work?

6.  Can someone direct me to a Flash Player Beginners Forum?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2010 Sep 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player

Flash Player 10.1 is the latest version for 32-bit browsers.  I suggest that you do not try the beta 64-bit version, as you will most likely invite some sort of troubles.  Post in the Flash Player forum, and someone will guide you through the process of safely update your FP version.  When you do, please post your Windows version, and your current FP version indicated at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2010 Oct 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been fighting this problem FOREVER!!

Why doesn't Adobe simply come out with a "Troubleshooter/Personal Settings" Inspector Program?

That way, I would start that program & it would analyze my op system, browser & version, current flashplayer being used

, and tell me the changes needed.  If Adobe REALLY  wanted to do it right, that program would make necessary changes "FOR US"! But, *WILL* THEY? Knowing Adobe, I DOUBT it.

If changes need to be made, it simply tells me what they are & give me links to accomplish all of it?

IS THAT SO DIFFICULT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you ask Adobe? Fellow users have no way of influencing what Adobe does or doesn't; and it's us you are addressing here, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

protung wrote:

Why doesn't Adobe simply come out with a "Troubleshooter/Personal Settings" Inspector Program?

As Claudio wrote, ask Adobe - here https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines