Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Address Changes?

Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning when I used my bookmark for Bridge http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge/general, the page has Adobe icon and says  "this item does not exist, it may have been deleted". 

Went to the Adobe Community link and looked up Bridge at http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge?view=discussions and this works, and give me same Discussion page as yesterday.

Is Jive changing addresses?  Would be nice to know in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Yes. Some of the teams are consolidating things. What they’re actually doing is removing the umbrella forums that don’t have messages and only sub-forums by moving the general discussion forums up to the top level and making the others subforums of the general.

It shouldn’t affect the URLs of individual messages. Even the URL of the umbrella will stay the same. We’ll just lose the /general URLs in a few spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they did the same for the Contribute forum. It looks like they combined all of the different areas into one (which is no big deal. It's pretty slow in there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Some of the teams are consolidating things. What they’re actually doing is removing the umbrella forums that don’t have messages and only sub-forums by moving the general discussion forums up to the top level and making the others subforums of the general.

It shouldn’t affect the URLs of individual messages. Even the URL of the umbrella will stay the same. We’ll just lose the /general URLs in a few spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but from the main community page,  click on the supplied InDesign link and I get the 'deleted' message. A respondant to my post about this has said the same is happening to the Illustrator forum. Surely these main clearing house links to the main software-specific forums are supposed to work?

How exactly do I get to the forum list for the InDesign section? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere

Hit page down a couple times and look on the right

There is still a "place holder" for Encore... but clicking the supposed link leads to a not found message

If "some of the teams" are going to make link changes, they could at least update the pages so the correct link is used

Great products... sloppy implementation by the web teams

ADDED - just went to http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa?view=overview and clicked to go to Encore... same result... forum is GONE

Whoever is doing these changes is not doing very well !!!

UPDATE about a half hour later... now, Encore is back when going from the index, and the link seems to be back from the Premiere forum page

Like I said earlier... very sloppy implementation of changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site doesn't just run on one server, there's a distributed network of nodes to handle the high levels of traffic. They synchronize with one another on a regular basis, but some changes can take a little while to ripple across. This means that for a few hours some of the updated forum spaces were not appearing for some users (depending on which node you attached to). The array has been restarted and everything should be working properly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the teams are consolidating things. What they’re actually doing is removing the umbrella forums

So, now in the "Trending Questions" (I hate the term) of the Photoshop General Discussions Forum, posts made in the Photoshop Beginners Forum show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, now in the "Trending Questions" (I hate the term)

Everybody here hates the term but the developers at Jive don't have enough terms to use and they are too proud to use the standard terms that are used in other forums.  People here like Carboni, Gonzales and others have suggested different terminology but this has fallen on deaf ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not counting the fact that the name is not easily understood in other languages. And then there are those like myself who find the Trending Questions themselves useless...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Incidentally, it seems that the name is now "Popular Discussions" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines