• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum changes

Community Expert ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, there's good progress in not being forced to sign in every time, but there's some way to go. We're missing:

1. Number of posts in a thread

2. Indication of most recent contributor to a thread

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 101 Replies 101
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use your real name.  Problem solved and more effective and courteous communications as a side benefit.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Just use your real name.  Problem solved and more effective and courteous communications as a side benefit.

-Noel

Last time I did that in these forums was years ago. Wasn't a big deal until some nutcase that disagreed with me (and many other people. That's just how he was) figured out where I was and where I worked and started calling my shop continually. Fortunately my boss at the time was cool about it. Where I work now wouldn't be so...accepting if the same thing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

This is a quite different question about how these forums work:

There are 3 HELPFUL (answers) in this thread. Did you mark them as such, and if so, how?

I (have) thought that only staff/moderators could mark answers as Helpful after the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote: There are 3 HELPFUL (answers) in this thread.

If you click on the Helpful button at the top of the thread, it shows them marked by Steve Werner:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

I doubt whether I had ever found out myself.

Am I right in assuming that you have no option of marking anything as Helpful, neither directly nor in the Actions dropdown list of posts by others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see MARK AS HELPFUL in my Actions menu. It may because I'm a moderator. I used it in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite, Steve.

As far as I know, you moderators can mark any post(s) as Helpful (and presumably Correct, too), while the rest of us are unable to mark any posts (apart from Correct), even in our own threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote: Am I right in assuming that you have no option of marking anything as Helpful, neither directly nor in the Actions dropdown list of posts by others?

Correct.  I just see Report Abuse under Actions.  From what others have said and Steve Werner just supported, it seems that only staff and moderators can mark answers as helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming, John.

This means that Helpful answers will almost exclusively be a thing of the past, with loss of options for the OP, and of information for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying out a different widget (recent activity) on the overview page of Forum Comments. It shows the  number of replies and the last reply in the thread. Is this any better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it certainly is a step in the right direction. Thank you.

Showing the user name of the last poster in the thread would also be nice.

What is most needed now: breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record and in the interest of thoroughness, I have to say that I routinely bypass the Overview page.  I have my bookmarks set to open each forum in Content view automatically, e.g.:

Forum comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I can't be bothered with those other views.

If it would be possible to add the name of the poster next to the time under the "Latest Activity" column, that would be helpful.

Also, if it would be possible to customize the view on that page and decide which columns to show and which to hide, that would be extra helpful (personally I don't care about the number of times a thread has been bookmarked or "liked", just about the replies, and maybe the views counter as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content bugs in the Profile page:

Snap2.png

Snap3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even the new Inbox feature sometimes does not work as expected.

Compare the number of incoming new contributions in the bar above near my user icon to the number of listed ones:

NumberOfNewContributions.png

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a link (to click) below the message headers to show

More. I've got it in my FF, IE10. and IE11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I've got some responses- sorry it has taken so long, we've been trying to get everything sorted on our end.

Gilad D (try67) What happened to the "personalized view"? I worked hard on creating an easy-to-use list of the forums I like to frequent... Is this feature gone?

Nope, you can "bookmark" forums you frequent and find those bookmarks on your profile. Arrow next to avatar>view profile>More>Bookmarks

nickna12 Are you still having issues staying signed in? Are you checking the "Remember Me" box?

Laubender Fixed the widget error on the ID forum.

@SteveG When I reply to a thread, why is the system sending me a PM saying that I've replied to it? How do I stop any of this software insanity sending me these messages? Is there any way to turn all that off?

You can change your email preferences: Arrow next to your avatar>Preferences or you may be following a thread. Next time you get an email, click to the thread/forum and make sure you're not following (you should see the option TO follow rather than "Stop Following")

Let me know if you have any other questions. We're working on getting the "Latest reply by…" added, but no official word yet. We have a ton of open cases on a lot of the topics everyone brought up here, so there should be some improvements coming soon.

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, you can "bookmark" forums you frequent and find those bookmarks on your profile. Arrow next to avatar>view profile>More>Bookmarks

FTFY: Yep, but you can "bookmark" forums [...]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I was mistaken- I'm sorry. Have you checked out the "Communities" section? Same location as bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m.m.murphy wrote:

We have a ton of open cases on a lot of the topics everyone brought up here, so there should be some improvements coming soon.

So am I correct in understanding that forum suggestions here get collated by Adobe.

If the requests are beyond the scope of the tools available to Adobe forum mods in the Jive backend then they get sent to Jive for implementation.

Then Jive says yes (free change), yes (paid change) or no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You give Adobe way too much credit, John.

From where I sit, it has always looked like Adobe delegates everything to the likes of a John Cornicello, or m.m.murphy now, but without giving that person sufficient powers of resources, and then Adobe gets the forums off their backs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John- yep. That's pretty much how it goes. Anything we can't adjust or edit on our end gets sent over to Jive. Then we work with whatever response comes our way- there are a ton of outcomes for each issue, so it just takes some time to make progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no doubt you folks are trying to fix this mess.  More power to you.

Not that anybody will give a hoot, but I'm out of all Adobe forums for a while.  It's just too damned frustrating to find or do anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder whether it is the forum change or the new version of FF, but new pages load faster for me, so overall I believe forum work is about as fast, or maybe rather about as slow, as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same things for me, the forum is definitely more responsive these days. But I also use the new FF version.

Making progress!

Still waiting for the "show username for last reply" feature, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines