• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Hosts

Mar 02, 2009 Mar 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to start this over.

After the forum transition, for the most part, there will be little change in the people that spend time in any area of the forums. People that have been asking and answering questions will be the same people that have always been there, including hosts.

A group of people that have been actively working in the MM side forums, and who will continue working in those same areas after the change, have been invited here a bit earlier because, for the first time, they will have the same hosting rights in their areas that hosts on this side have always had... and we wanted to give them an opportunity to learn how to do the housekeeping that they haven't been able to do over there before.

In addition, we will all soon have an opportunity to start learning the new software, and we (including everyone that helps with the preview of it that John has discussed) will be able to help others find their way about once it goes public.

The new hosts will need to not only learn the new software along with others, but they will also need to learn how to do the hosting bits. And they and the regulars in their areas will need to figure out their best ways to report issues to hosts to clean up, as we have been doing in the comments forum on this side for the life of these forums.

Since, in addition to all of the above, newcomers to this side will also be learning this current software, please feel free to help them with that. We still have to point out to folks how to use subscriptions and the message center and such. As familiar as we are with it, it is not an intuitive way to follow forum posts.

We will all be meeting new folks as they come from various areas to find out about the changes. We will all be learning together, and, hopefully working together, to make the transition as gentle as it can be. Please help be part of the solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only visit one (Dreamweaver) MM forum, but have seen that it has a (useless?) link to report a message

I would hope the new forum software will have such a link... sending the message to a place where any moderator may see that notice

Such a process would, in my opinion, work much better than what is done (on this side) now... where someone has to copy the message address and then paste it into a spam message thread here

Do you know what the reporting process will be in the new software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John would have to weigh in on who would be at the back end of it or whether we will actually use it or not, but there is a "report abuse" link in each post as part of the new software. *My* ideal for that would be to have it send a post to a thread in the hosts backroom so anyone that would be handy would be able to take care of it immediately. No idea whether that might even be possible tho. I *think* the current report link goes to an employee group, and hasn't proven to be as effective as people would like. Hopefully, if they incorporate the link into the final setup, it will be an effective tool that will receive a timely response 24/7.

But, since hosts will have edit/delete ability in the new software, they will likely be fairly quick on the scene with or without the link. In time methods will likely develop between regulars in different areas and the hosts so that people will be able to post alerts similar to what we use in the comments forum here... http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7a9f3/90

It's all still way too early to have any real guess what will work best, but that is sorta somewhat what I might expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the report abuse tool will work. I know there are many folk who "report abuse" to the Forum Comments section, and when they are looked into it is discovered that the abuse was started by the person who complained, but only took offense when abuse was redirected back on him (or her, if I recall one instance).

That said, I want to offer kudos to all of those of you who are hosts or moderators. With tags or without. You do a great job, and spend way more time for way less recognition than I ever would.

Thank you all for what you do for the rest of us in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to worry, Don, the hosts by and large are aware of the games people play, including that. Those types of things get taken into consideration.

Thanks for kudos, I get only a very small share, but am happy to share them around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many kudos were there then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there was me refraining ;)

kudos definition
ku·dos (kyo̵̅o̅′däs′, ko̵̅o̅′-; --dōs′)
noun
credit or praise for an achievement; glory; fame: sometimes wrongly taken as a plural (pron. -dōz) of an assumed kudo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not to be confused with kudus...
ku·du
also koo·doo \ˈkü-(ˌ)dü\

a large grayish brown African antelope with large annulated spirally twisted horns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or not to be confused wit Cooties coo - tees

something you don't want in your hair or on you body ;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope no-one's been sending DK kudus ;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be rather cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that she lives in the UK and they have quarantine restrictions on live animal imports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's a cumber? (Dave, that's your cu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> not to be confused with kudus...

And definitely don't confuse it with Kudzu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, Graff...ya beat me too it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had US Army basic training in the South East... Kudzu was the bane of our existence

That stuff grew so fast in the spring and early summer that we lost two recruits when we went camping and they pitched their tents too close to the edge of the cleared area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought DK was in Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She was, once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> She was, once

Have you thawed out yet?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Where I'm at it's actually going to stay at or near freezing overnight for the rest of the week, and, hopefully, by the end of the week, all but the biggest snow piles will have melted away. But, it's still early March. We've been known to get snow into May.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines