• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum post bug...

Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new forum has one bug of how many people has viewed perticular thread...

Recently I posted a thread and I got know about this bug.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 10.25.32 AM.png

View is not depending on how many people has viewed that thread, It depends on how many times that pages is loaded or reloaded.

I tested it by being on same page within quick time I refereshed more that 100 times. And every time I refresh this thread I use to see view counter++ .

Number of times page is loaded view counter goes on increasing independent of number of user.

Thanks.....

Sunil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

> The information is clearly shown as "page views",

Where do you get page views from, Test_Screen_Name? Just curious.

I see "Views" only which I assumed was unique people viewing - I see that it's not.

views.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Icon says it all.

If views means number of times page is being reloaded then you can upload your video on YouTube and reload it more than one million times and you can simply be rich by doing nothing.

Number of view does not mean number of times page is being refreshed or reloaded. It means number of users has view this post / videos.

Old Jive already has this functionality, see below screenshot:

View_OLDJIVE.png

The screenshot you can see is of a thread which I have seen many a times but the counter will incre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out....

This image is before refreshing many times:

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.09.14 AM.png

I refreshed this page only And you can see the number of views.

This image is after refreshing many times:

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.12.56 AM.png

Thanks

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Private statistics (Which is completely no required) is also having same issue.

NewError.png

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View is not depending on how many people has viewed that thread, It depends on how many times that pages is loaded or reloaded.

Good spot, Sunil. That's a foundational behaviour.

I assume it's not a code bug but an incorrect setting in the backend of Adobe's implementation somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information is clearly shown as "page views", which will increase with a refresh. You say it is the number of people who have viewed it - does anything say that, or do you just wish it? Yiu might put it in as a suggestion for improvement, but it would have a much higher cost, and there are much more important problems in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The information is clearly shown as "page views",

Where do you get page views from, Test_Screen_Name? Just curious.

I see "Views" only which I assumed was unique people viewing - I see that it's not.

views.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Icon says it all.

If views means number of times page is being reloaded then you can upload your video on YouTube and reload it more than one million times and you can simply be rich by doing nothing.

Number of view does not mean number of times page is being refreshed or reloaded. It means number of users has view this post / videos.

Old Jive already has this functionality, see below screenshot:

View_OLDJIVE.png

The screenshot you can see is of a thread which I have seen many a times but the counter will increase only if a new user sees the post.

If number of view is higher then OP can expect of getting  more better answer for their querry. If lesser view means less has seen their post yet. This reloading will put you in a doubt that how many people has seen it because all the time you are refreshing if somebody answered my question or not waiting for response.

Bottom line : View as number of reload doesn't make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can choose to define "View", a common word, in one way, and I can choose another. It makes sense, because it is of very little real importance in these forums, to just keep a counter. To discover how many unique people have viewed it means that the forum would need to keep a full list of people for every post, with much higher performance overhead. Youtube must bear this overhead because it monetizes views. There are MANY things wrong with the forums, and I'd vote strongly against putting effort into this non-issue to the detriment of others. Of course, I use the word "vote" loosely, as I have no vote on this. Just an opinion.

If the forum used the word "viewers" I might agree with your interpretation of the word - but still not that anything should be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines