• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum search too broad

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?  Why is it, for example, I'm in the Lightroom forums and click Search Forums the default is to search all forums?  Shouldn't the default be to search the LR forum?

Additionally the "Like This" column on the right of the forum post lists a post like the one I'm looking at, except for the fact I'm concerned about this problem in LR, not WebX or some other software I know nor care about.  It should be "Like This in This Forum".  It seems to me that an extremely small percentage of people looking for a similar problem to what they are dealing with would want to find that same issue in totally non related software.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of problems with adobe products that generate a error do have a lot in common. For example, Run as admin, deleting prefs and installer problems.

Then the common Oxc0000005 error that just about touches all software run on XP with the same common issues and the same recommended fixes.

I do agree that the first search should be for the type of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look for that type of commonality but so far in my experience it is too vague to address the issue at hand.  In this case LR is running very slow and the like issues involve this forum.  That seems to far removed from the issue in LR.

Picky maybe but just want attention brought to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patrick, there have been many complaints about the search engine of these forums. Unfortunately, there are so many bugs in the site that I doubt that any problem such as this, for which there are working and known workarounds, is likely to receive any serious attention from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick

As I understand it you can easily narrow your forum search by appending +Lightroom (or whatever product you are wanting to search forums for)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people use Google to search the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, and the explanations.  Google may be the fastest, oddly enough.  Now back to speeding up Lightroom.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patrick,

The default used to be for the forum, from which the Search was initiated. This worked OK. The newer forum software added some Search features in Advanced, but at the cost of the default to the current forum.

The "trick" is to plug in the best Search criteria possible, let the drop-down populate and then choose "View All Results." This brings up an Advanced screen. There, you can use the drop-down to limit to the correct forum, though it seems that mine are always at the bottom of the list and in between a dozen other languages (this was to be modified, but does not seem to have been). I often have a poster's name to filter on People.

Still, with the new fora, I rely on Google more often than I should have to.

You are not alone on this one, and many have come up with some tricks that do seem to help. As my boolean was never the ultimate, I still struggle more than in earlier days, but part of that onus must be squarely placed on me.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines