• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Points! Get your free Points!! Free points!

May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets abuse the system so we can get rid of this stupid answer star system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Zeno Bokor wrote:

it's not all public, check this link: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/211178

Seems pretty public if we can read it....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Don't abuse... merely refuse... (do i get some points?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i posted a post offering more points! Pleaaaaaaaase.... don't i deserve some 'holy' points? <Tears> <Sobs> <Whines> </Whines></Sobs> </Tears>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that, so far, pointing out the silliness of points has had no effect

But it is only possible to destroy the point giving if it is possible. One important question: is it possible for hosts or whoever to remove points given to specific forum members?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JC asking Jive about this: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/thread/42887

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

JC asking Jive about this: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/thread/42887

I don't see why JC has to get into a public forum at Jive for all this... Adobe bought the product. Surely they're interacting with Jive technicians to sort things out and get them working...

I mean, after all it's not an off-the-shelf piece of software like PS or AI or DW or... These are all customised applications. Very peculiar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not all public, check this link: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/211178

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of scary to me that the Adobe staff has to write in a forum to the Jive folks about issues.

I realize it could be done in emails instead of a forum, but it just seems like it might be easier for Jive to ignore them via forum post.  I would  hope there is a LOT of phone conversing going on!

I admit, not being part of the support team on either side, I may well be reading this entirely wrong.

hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

Seems pretty public if we can read it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It apparently didn't go public until permission was asked and granted in the same thread.

Asked:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/210926#210926

Granted in very next reply:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/211177#211177

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

It apparently didn't go public until permission was asked and granted in the same thread.

I saw that... but it seemed to me that the Jive guy was asking Kanguyen's permission to take it (that case) public for other people using Jive software and having the same question...

There was also another post with just a couple of exchange with JC and Jive... no permissions were asked in that thread... but the link was here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free points are the bane of the system.  Please give me some.  Thank you and good night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Let's not OK ?!

Again all this chatter belongs in the Lounge. If you read any of Adobe's official responses recently you'd realize they're having a hard time reading the Forum Comments because of all the noise. They're working people you know and don't have as much time on their hands as you appear to have. So please act a little "grown up" at least for the benefit of the rest of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Buko. wrote:

Let's not OK ?!

Again all this chatter belongs in the Lounge. If you read any of Adobe's official responses recently you'd realize they're having a hard time reading the Forum Comments because of all the noise. They're working people you know and don't have as much time on their hands as you appear to have. So please act a little "grown up" at least for the benefit of the rest of us.

That is the stupidest thing I've heard today. If its in the lounge nobody will see that the point system is pointless.

how hard is it to click that radio button to turn off the damn points.

That is if these Jive idiots put one in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you're just rehashing what's already been said and it's starting to sound like a whine. Not you personally; but collectively. Signal to noise ratio ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or we could not say anymore about it and then the powers that be will think well that's OK we don't need to do anything about it now. They must like the point system.

Remember Squeaky wheel get the grease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's what I'd call cheesy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Or we could not say anymore about it and then the powers that be will think well that's OK we don't need to do anything about it now. They must like the point system.

Remember Squeaky wheel get the grease.

From what I have seen over the years in your posts in other forums, you should certailnly be capable of finding more inteligent ways than this childish, whining way to go about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had thought appealing to your intellect would help. Apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

I had thought appealing to your intellect would help. Apparently not.

Telling someone to shoot themselves is not appealing to anyones intellect. Which is why the other thread was removed I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Buko. wrote:

Let's not OK ?!

No, let's. Searching through spam here is Adobe's problem which they brought onto themselves with this crummy software. The "grown ups" don't care to see stupid unhelpful "point systems".

It's too bad the "Abuse reporting" post system is so bad (yet another forum shortcoming) that admins have to IGNORE it and resort to regular threads for reporting advertisements/spam and such.  Again, Adobe's problem, they could have seen it coming during the year or two years (whatever) they took finding this CRAP forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only problem with doing this, is that it takes too long with this crappy forum to post so many threads. Hosed by Jive again!

I have a new saying I'm going to use-- "It's all Jived up!" or "Jived it up again..." (or maybe just "Jive you!")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW i see that version 2 of this subject seems to have been removed....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines