• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Goodbye

Participant ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent about a half hour reviewing a design example in the typography forum, offering that user what I thought was valuable advice. I was logged in at the time, but when I hit the post button, the system decided that I was no longer logged in, and told me that I had to go log in. Of course, my lengthy message was gone, and sorry, but I don't intend to spend another 20 minutes re-writing it.

If this system is so callous to chew up my hard work in this way, I have no intention of continuing to use it. Today is my last day of posting on the Adobe Forums, after about 10 years.

Good bye to all. It was a fun ride, other than the last few months.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experinced such. But when I logged on and went back to subject There was a notice  just above the subject about Content was recovered (not sure if I have wording correct) do you wish to use this content? Almost always when you click this notice all your conent is recovered. But You have to do it as soon as you are knocked off. The warning is in pale yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same has happened to me several times don. your help will be missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your feelings are understandable Don. I too will miss your posts.

Thanks for telling us though.

I think a lot of good helpers have winked out without a word – to the detriment of the forums.

Well done Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don, in case you might reconsider, there is a Firefox addon that will save your form text --

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/428137?tstart=30

[unfortunately the thread did deteriorate rather alarmingly....]

I've been using Lazarus since I found it and have had absolutely no problem with it, it's =very= well-behaved.

and also, if it's any consolation, I've just recently had the logout-while-posting experience on a completely different forum s/w, so it's not just an Adobe/Jive issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtually all of the interesting and knowledgeable people have left; so the Forums are now just a turgid swamp of boring Newbie questions with not a single glimmer of intelectual stimulation.

When we first saw the preview of what they intended to do, many of us warned Adobe that that was exactly what would happen.

Did they listen? NO!!

We were just excoriated for not being "team players" — and our opinions and input was considered to be beneath their contempt.

To my amazement, Chris Cox and a number of other Adobe employees are still adopting this self-satisfied, blinkered and obnoxious attitude.

They, and their company, need to understand that these Forums will ONLY work when they are configured and run to suit the needs of Adobe's CUSTOMERS — the needs of the Adobe Corporation of are no importance whatsoever.

Since the change-over, the Forums no longer meet these criterior and the result is that virtually everyone of any value has left.

Some said "good-bye"; several made an excuse about needing to get some real work done; and the rest have just drifted silently away.

I suggest that these self-satisfied Adobe employees take the time to check-out what is being said about the Adobe Corporation on other graphic arts threads all over the Internet.

Will the destruction of these forums impinge on their "bottom line"?

You betcha that it will!

People do upgrade and buy new software based on the recomendations and the enthusiasm for the "latest and greatest" that they read about on these Forums.

Now those of us who used to be your strongest supporters will no longer even notice if there have been new developments that are worth our attention and, frankly, won't give a damn what you do anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear! Hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well said, Anne.

I've really missed Neil Keller, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A day of sorrow, Don.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines