• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having to go to Profile and set to use name instead of UserName

Mentor ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Preference is That I prefer to use my real Name as opposed to hiding behind my UserName. If I type something that either no good / or good I also want them to know who did it.  And also I want my email address availble as well. I know how to take measures against spam and Phishing.

When originally set up we could go into Profile prefeences and choose to allow name and email address.  We still can  the problem is it doesn't stick. My understanding from JVD (I am not quoting him), is this new upgrade caused everyone's account to use Username, and though you can go in and set. When  a certain server kicks (I suppose after you have quit Session then come back to read again) That it defaults back.

Is this a Bug? Or is this a new policy. IF a Bug, I'd like it fixed.

It my account and I'd like to customize it any way I want to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

It my account and I'd like to customize it any way I want to.

Actually, not quite . It's your account on Adobe's Forums. You can only customise it they way let you or want you to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am refering to use of my name as opposed to my User Name in the Forums Profile.

I am aware of Customization of my name and other information at Adobe.com.

But I already have two accounts (one more than I need). And I don't wish to accidently create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I am refering to use of my name as opposed to my User Name in the Forums Profile.<snipped... etc. etc.>

As i said, it's Adobe's forums... they call the shots. Who are you? A mere, lowly user. If you're not happy, you're welcome to depart. If you want to stay, then, that's the way it is...

Welcome to the NEW Adobe! Friendly, caring and seeking to deliver warm, rewarding experiences in the Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug and is being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not the only one. it appears  this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2406930#2406930

is covering same subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will mark this as answered as its a duplicate of another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will mark this as answered as its a duplicate of another thread.

Phillip don't leave yet. Phillip, what about the points? Who gets the points? You can't leave with all those points up there. Phillip, please come back....

Oh wait, Phillip has left the building.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Also don't forget the day that you fell through that rabbit-hole and ended up in the Adobe Premiere forum. Who was it who explained what Premiere was, welcomed you, and even ran interference between you and the Red Queen? Who pointed you to, what was it, the InDesign forum, where you thought you were going?

Don't let those precious points die on the vine, man. Hand them out, and hand them out liberally.

Good luck Phillip, see you around. Remember, there are more Rabbit-holes out there, and just remember who helped you back to reality, and away from that evil Premiere forum...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No haven't left the building. And did mark as helpful the adobe employee that said it was a Bug. I've added detail in the other thread. Which JVD will probably send me an email  make a comment as not being  helpful.  Although it explains what is happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Glad that you came back. I'll check out that other thread and see the details. When I get logged out, I get automatically logged-in with my "other" persona - some guy called WAHunt3. At least it could be worse. I have to log-out of that, go to the www.adobe.com main page, log-in and then go the the fora. It is not the end of the world, but how come that other guy gets logged-in automatically, and I cannot, regardless of what is checked, since the forum changeover. BTW - his e-mail is pnwlng9jpse;d, or similar.

See ya' on that other thread,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out > quitting your web browser the locate all the cookies for Adobe.com and adobe forums. delete them.

Now open Browser and login in with the user name or email address you normally use and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phillip,

That was about the second  thing that I did, along with trashing all IE temp files. For me, it has not made any difference.

I do stay logged-in longer than before, but immediately when logged-out, my other identity is automatically logged-in. I can log-out, go to the Adobe.com main page and log back in with my normal account, and then navigate to the fora. Why this new persona gets logged-in automatically, and I have never been able to, after the forum change, is a mystery. I uncheck that peraona's Remember Me, and keep checking the log-in for me, but it has never taken.

Thank you for sharing the tips, but that has had zero results for me - so far.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I agree with you. However, if we take a trip in the "wayback machine" to the big forum changeover (can it really be that long ago?), I was BILL HUNT. Notice that everything is in all caps, because I'd had this one, from the earliest days of Adobe on the Internet. That was what the OS's of the day did.

The forum changeover happened, and out of almost nowhere, the_wine_snob surfaced. Immediately, I went to change this back to BILL HUNT, or the updated, Bill Hunt. Could not do it. Both names were taken. In 2.5 days? I could not believe this. I had filled in the little info screen, prior to the changeover, with all data - same e-dress, same screen name, etc.. With the fora down for those few days, and me logging in as soon as they came up, how could others get my name? Must be a lot of BILL HUNT's in OZ, or NZ!!! Believe me, I tried. I had never posted to any Adobe forum, even back to the NTTP-only days, as other than BILL HUNT. Gone. Still, I try to sign every post with "Hunt."

I hear you, but many seemed to get caught in the same "trickbag," as I was.

At least with this screen name, if I hit a few keys incorrectly, or mis-remember something in a product forum, the readers can "fill in the blanks." Too much wine...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines