• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help please

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, can anybody help me. I have recorded video on Z7U in 24p mode, and as I am downloading video to my PC, there is time code all the time, I read manual, I try to turn it off in the menu display settings, and in video mode on camera as data copde, but nothing is working. What should I du?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

BUT NOT IN A WORD LIKE TYPOS!!!!!!

Ah, forget it, should have kept my big mouth shut. I don't care if people make mistakes and typos, everybody does, it just set me off when you started correcting other people when your own grasp of the written language is so tenuous.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had two different versions either apples on sale or Apples' on sale  The one with the apostrophe is not used as often

The one you gave made it appear that the Company Apple was for sale.

You said Apple's on sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I humbly suggest that you sit back and take a deep breath, Phillip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow.

apostrophe = possessive

end of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

apostrophe = possessive

end of story.

Not in my book. No contractions for you? It is a fact that in SF movies, aliens and robots do not use contractions. That's how you know they're not humans. [Edit #2: May also apply to grasshoppers ]

One use that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread is how I use it in my sig file - unless it also counts as a contraction:

Keep-On-Learnin'

So, matovalenta, as you can see, forums.adobe.com is a good place for information about Adobe (and sometimes about camera) products, but I wouldn't recommend it for grammar lessons. Here's hoping you're either as entertained as I am or that you've figured out how to stop the email notifications 🙂

Message was edited by: Mark A. Boyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

greenjumpyone wrote:

apostrophe = possessive

end of story.

Not in my book. No contractions for you?

Mark, I'm sorry (oooh loookie there, a contraction! ), I should have been more specific!  With the "s" on the end of the word, the apostrophe implies possessive tense and not plural.  Example:  apples  (plural) ...  .... apple's (possessive tense ... something belongs to the apple).

Yes, certainly the apostrophe applies to contractions! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I went through the looking glass when trying to illustrate, to Phillip, an *incorrect* use. Bad mistake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, I'm sorry (oooh loookie there, a contraction! ), I should have been more specific!

That's understandable. Apparently grasshoppers are humans, too .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the apostrophe has lots of funtions, one of which is contractions.

Look on this page for 'Double Contractions'

Can you think of a 'Triple Contraction?'

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/grammar/contractions/list.shtml

Note: 'help please' has turned into an educational thread and grammar refresher course, all in one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you think of a 'Triple Contraction?'

I would've, but 'twouldn't've been pretty.

Note: 'help please' has turned into an educational thread and grammar refresher course, all in one.

That's putting an otherwise useless subject to good use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

Grammar is the most abused subject on earth.

Let's have a moment of silence for grammar.

Spending a moment here to review a few things about grammar is hardly enough, but it at least gets some things rehearsed. I see fragmented sentences which are incomplete sentences in another post. Should I go over there and read them the riot act?

Everyone should know that a complete sentence needs a subject and a predicate (a noun and a verb.)

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

Grammar is the most abused subject on earth.

Er, well, I meant the useless "help please" subject, of course. It is proving more useful than usual in this thread for some reason.

Should I go over there and read them the riot act?

I'm not the one to ask. I am quite the grammar abuser myself. Unfortunately, I seem to be regressing lately rather than recovering .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

the apostrophe implies possessive tense and not plural.  Example:  apples  (plural) ...  .... apple's (possessive tense ... something belongs to the apple).

Posessive "tense"?? !!

There's no such animal in any language I know.

tense 2 (tns)

n.
1. Any one of the inflected forms in the conjugation of a verb that indicates the time, such as past, present, or future, as well as the continuance or completion of the action or state.
2. A set of tense forms indicating a particular time: the future tense.

[Middle English tens, from Old French, time, from Latin tempus.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sense.

(Only one letter out.    )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not "sense" either.

Case.

pos·ses·sive (p-zsv)

adj.
1. Of or relating to ownership or possession.
2. Having or manifesting a desire to control or dominate another, especially in order to limit that person's relationships with others: a possessive parent.
3. Grammar  Of, relating to, or being a noun or pronoun case that indicates possession.
n. Grammar
1. The possessive case.
2. A possessive form or construction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case.

I caught that too. Now it has me wondering if this is a case of grammar grammar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

Now it has me wondering if this is a case of grammar grammar?

That would be Great-great Grammar!

( @ Ramón  –  I know it's "case" but that wouldn't have been as close, thus invalidating my subsequent remark.)

I rest my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I rest my case.

In that case, no rebuttal is necessary, as your case was weak enough to fall on its face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, you guys are right!  My "case" was weak, let's all leave it in the past "tense", shall we? 

I *do* know how to use the apostrophe even if my quick reactions to explain it are inaccurate!

gads!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus Christ!

Phillip. Do you PRACTICE at being a complete imbecile, or does it just come naturally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>Neither

BZZZZZT! Wrong! If you are not practicing it intentionally, it just comes naturally... DUH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep breathing heavily Phillip, no matter what anyone else says.

"You said Apple's on sale."

That would be the function of the conjunction apostrophe 's' which means Apple is on sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

Keep breathing heavily Phillip, no matter what anyone else says.

"You said Apple's on sale."

That would be the function of the conjunction apostrophe 's' which means Apple is on sale.

the first mention was here:

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommended reading: 'Eats, Shoots & Leaves' by Lynne Truss.

http://www.lynnetruss.com/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines