Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total chaos over logging-in, being logged-out, round and round :(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, except it doesn't now, for me. I'm logged in all the time. Everywhere. All browsers. Straight to the lounge or anywhere else.

But if people can go straight to the PS forums, say, but they have to log in if they try and go direct to the Lounge - then they are 'sort of' logged in. It's still mangled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>The lounge is no access for guests, so a link to it would not be visible unless you are logged in. And if you try to go directly there, the software will ask for credentials before it'll let you in.

True. The only thing is...

At home, I have a bookmark that takes me directly to the lounge. Every time I go there for the first time it'll ask me to log in then it will do it every time I close then reopen the browser as well.

At work, I don't use a bookmark to go to the lounge. I go to the PS Mac forum and click on the link to the lounge. No problems.

If I try that at home, I don't see the link to the lounge at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are too many variables to pick through.... on private computers, Windows keeps me logged in, Firefox keeps me logged in, and I've told the forum to keep me logged in. And the only time I go to the lounge is if someone posts a link to spam and doesn't mention it's the lounge, but I've not had to log in to get there either. So it ends up depending a lot on configurations as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The lounge is no access for guests, so a link to it would not be visible unless you are logged in

Really? Today I logged on to the PS Win forum, and forgot that I had to log in. I saw, and clicked on the lounge link. At that point I had to sign in.

I think the link appears for everyone, but you cannot enter without logging in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a link to it in Win, but the actual lounge folder is in Mac. The folder is hidden to guests, but it's not possible to hide the link. Confusing terminology. The icon in the topic list is different for a link than for a folder, but I tend to call something you can click on a link regardless of technical differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2009 Feb 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some testing at home. I replicated all my moves and forum surfing habits from work.

I still have the issue of being logged out. So much for that theory. Works at work, doesn't work from home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, my iPod doesn't have any issues with staying logged in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do a compare and contrast in your operating system and browser settings for remembering login info, as well as the cookies that control things? There has to be difference in there somewhere that's tripping it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's a moot point now.

It started happening to me at work this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been with the same issue before,however with signing up to be adobe client all access is open and nothing be problem to login

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah I hadn't thought of that.<br /><br /><rolling eyes>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines