• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I attach a PSD file to a reply?

Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this one time, I wanted to attach a PSD file for the OP to use. What am I missing?  When replying to a post, I see no option to attach a file.   Am I correct in assuming that only the OP can attach files to the first post?  If yes, how is that beneficial?

PS. The temperature at my house right now is a record breaking 115° F (46.11° celcius) and still climbing. Unbelievably hot!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Hi Nancy, you're correct on your guess. At this time only the OP can attach items to their post (at least officially). 
We have 'Add Attachment button for the rich text editor under Reply on the Conversation page' in the Feedback Tracker for a while now. This had been requested before.

I do not think this was done in purpose, it's most likely OOTB behaviour from Khoros.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD files arn't supported when I use the Insert Photo icon in the reply box.

Isn't it kind of ironic for an Adobe site?

We are at 72° F here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, Bob. You cannot embed a PSD, only JPG, GIF or PNG files are accepted.

I'm talking about the attached file feature where you're invited to drag and drop files to attach.  See screenshot.

image.png

72 is downright frosty.  I'll be right over 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Reply then Edit the reply. Once you Edit the reply you get the option to Attach a file.

But it might not accept a PSD file as it may be to big in size or it might not accept it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it seems that even if you edit your reply and you get the Attach file box you can't attach a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to attach a file to the my 2 posts above and the Attachment does not show.

So I guess the only thing you can doi is create your own conversation, Attach the file to that original post then post a link to the conversation you started with the attached file for the person you are trying to help.

This place is Totally FUBAR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy, you're correct on your guess. At this time only the OP can attach items to their post (at least officially). 
We have 'Add Attachment button for the rich text editor under Reply on the Conversation page' in the Feedback Tracker for a while now. This had been requested before.

I do not think this was done in purpose, it's most likely OOTB behaviour from Khoros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines