• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a backup dvd for my CS4 Design Premium?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. I'm new to the forum and am probably asking a ridiculously stupid question, but here goes anyway...

I tried making a backup copy of my Design Premium (have the dvd's, not download) using Roxio Basic v9 on Vista.

After it finished copying, the program gave an alert, saying that some of the files copied differ from the original, so I don't know if I truly have a good backup copy or not. Both disks, copied and original, appear the same, but how do I know for sure?

I don't want to risk not having a good backup of CS4, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping and not laughing hysterically at this stupid question.

P.S.: I have 2 dvd burners, I thought about simply dragging and dropping the contents to a blank dvd. Would that work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for making comments about the forums themselves, how they work, etc., not to discuss Adobe software products.

Try the forum index and look for the Creative Suites forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. i see where to do that now. thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>using Roxio

This reply is a bit late, but in case the OP returns... Roxio is not an Adobe product, you need to find a Roxio help area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am well aware Roxio isn't an Adobe product but seeing as I have never seen that partcular "error" message before, I thought it may have something to do with the Adobe discs - like maybe there was a copy protection on them or something.

But someone else here informed me there really is no copy protection on them, so now I can follow up with Roxio or look into getting another program.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a google for imgburn

It is free, and has many of the features of the paid programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I'll have a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this may be help you a little bit back up dvd

sorry if not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines