Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I post a question

Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

support told me to post a question to the forum. How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Just in case you need some help in the future, you may want to read my messages #3 and 4 in this thread: How the heck are you supposed to find your way around these discussions?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to forums home:

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Pick your forum either from the "popular" icons or from the dropdown.

Once in a forum you can post by clicking on "Content" then under Actions click on "Start a discussion" (shown below for the Photoshop forum)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about trying this for Acrobat?

There is NO "start a discussion" action.

see PhotoShop is a money maker for Adobe, but Acrobat is not, so Adobe, purposely hides this from us. 

It is very difficult and not intuitive ON-purpose for Acrobat (and other products).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just look and for some reason that is different. Go to Actions > Document

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All we get under Actions is feeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just tried three browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE) and the only time I don't get the ability to create a document is if I'm not signed in to the forum - which you clearly are.

I'll copy in MadisonMLeupp  who works for Adobe on the forums. She may be able to help.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Acrobat- you need to select one of the subspaces (one of the links on the homepage) Acrobat

You can't actually ask a question in Acrobat, you need to ask in one of the more targeted spaces. Dave sees other options since he's an ACP.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Madison -  that explains why dennisw3054983 and I were seeing it differently. I didn't realise I had extra options

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Acrobat forum more difficult to use than others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the product teams have a lot of input in how their forums are structured and some of the product teams have...different ideas about how software (and forums) should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good answer, but I would expect the forums to show a minimum of uniformity. I suppose that dealing with a forum that is the single forum for all Adobe products (the Forum in Spanish), I guess I see things under a different light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines