Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a message that I received!

[ message removed by moderator ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported it, SMalik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That account has been disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a message today from the same Ngone111

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click that person's link in the first message to see that the account is disabled... but anything BEFORE the account was disabled would have been sent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for posting the spam message that I recieved from a user on this forum. I did not find an option to report it so I thought I should post it here. Can you please tell me a way to report spam messages in case if that incident happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me a way to report spam messages in case if that incident happens again.

I usually use the Report Abuse link, under the Actions subheading, in the grey RHS sidebar on this forum page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting a public forum post is easy as there's a button on every reply, reporting a private message less so. Two options:

• Add a reply to the Spam Report thread referencing the name of the spammer and what they're doing, but don't quote their message.
  • Forward the private message to the adobe-admin account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

answer was to forward the mail to the adobe-admin account, so how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments and look on the right side

Click adobe-admin on the right side to go to the account page

Click in the upper right on Send private message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would one get an offending private message into a private message to adobe-admin?  Can't seem to copy and paste, nor attach a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible... just give adobe-admin the user name and ask to have the account de-activated

Which is pretty much the same as clicking to the starting message in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1056334 and posting the user name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting the user name of the person sending spam here in this thread is probably the fastest way to get the account de-activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offensive private message i received was from a "hadiza1". From that name and the message's date of 11/8/13, yu may be able to access and read the private message.

The person signed off as "Miss Ngone Hadiza". If you look at reply #3 above from ardtullaich, who reported receiving a private message from a Ngone111 whose account alreaqdy had been deactivated, you'll see the similarity of that name with the sign off name of the person who sent the private message to me. Seems that person has opened another account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I don't have a way to see other peoples' private messages (if I did they wouldn't be private), but I have de-activated the hadiza1 account, so you shouldn't get any more from them.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did get a response to the second paragraph of my first post on November 8, which was reply #10 and the first post that is dated November 8. I would paste it here for your convenience, but do not find a paste button on Adobe's forum.  If it would not be too much trouble to look back and respond to the 2nd paragraph of that post whenever you get a chance, it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second paragraph of your post #10 was this:

"This concept of someone being able to send a private emssage that is relayed by Adobe Forums was not known to me when i joined the forums and posted a question just a few days. It seems entirely inconsistent with the privacy setting in my profile of not having my e-mail address displayed, because the private message system effectively allows anyone registered on the forums to send e-mails to any one else who is registered. Is there a way to opt out of the private message system? If not, there should be!"

I can tell you categorically that no ordinary user like me can see your email address in your profile. this being the case, whoever is sending you a private message is definitely not from Adobe profile. All you receive from adobe is an alert that a private message has been posted for you to login and read it. The adobe message won't say what the message is.

You can't opt out of private messaging service unless Adobe-Admin can make some changes to the forum. This costs money and Jive won't make the changes unless they are paid to do so. Not sure if Adobe-Admin has the budget to make these changes.

Sorry can't be of any further help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the recent issues coming up with the NSA and the recent break in to Adobe causing Many users having to rest and change passwords and sign up for a Privacy monitoring service, there is no such thing a Privacy. Argue if you will Privacy Died as a Result of 9-11. In order to provide for the security of the US  everyone else Privacy has been invaded either by design, or due to use of the backdoors created by the government and used by Hackers.

And by the lack of real punishment for Hackers. They should be Found at no expense and put in prison for a Minimum of 50 years with no chance of parole. Or finded a Million Dollars for each individual whoes privacy breached. If they don't have the money then all their posessions and families posession except the clothes they have own should be confiscated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Zeydah wrote:

do not find a paste button on Adobe's forum.

It's the same as in every other software; Ctrl+V (Windows), Cmd+V (Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is all the info I have other than offensive message.  Thank you everybody for your interest and efforts in responding to this request.

[ email address removed ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I received an offensive and unwelcome private message that was relayed to me by Adobe Forums.  The message itself is from "hadiza1", but the name used at the end of the message is "Miss Ngone Hadiza", which, based on reply #3 from ardtullaich reporting a message from "Ngone111", seems to be the same person whose account you said was disabled. The person apparently created a new account.

This concept of someone being able to send a private emssage that is relayed by Adobe Forums was not known to me when i joined the forums and posted a question just a few days.  It seems entirely inconsistent with the privacy setting in my profile of not having my e-mail address displayed, because the private message system effectively allows anyone registered on the forums to send e-mails to any one else who is registered. Is there a way to opt out of the private message system?  If not, there should be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the bullet proof security features implemented recently isn't working; If at all it has become worst because we never used to get these private messages before. Perhaps the new features were designed to stop people who are not using CC like yours truly.

I hasten to add that I haven't received any but then I am not able to login in the normal way. All I can do is reply and post by e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this happen, maybe every 6 - 8 mos..

I just assume that the spammer has managed to hack into the Adobe PM system, and then blow it away. Fortunately, it does not happen all that often.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who commented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ message removed - DO NOT repost spam on the public forum! ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines