• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does support.muse.adobe.com differ from forums.adobe.com?

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stumbled into http://support.muse.adobe.com through a Google search.

It seems to look and work like the normal forum software at http://forums.adobe.com.

Is there a difference?  Any advantage to using one or the other?

SupportMuse.png

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I've found that replacing "forums" with "support.muse" in a URL is good medicine for making missing posts appear.

Example, see if both these look the same to you.  They don't to me at the moment - one has more posts than the other.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5378259#5378259

http://support.muse.adobe.com/message/5378259#5378259

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see four replies from both links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely a node issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is just a link to the forums that the Muse team put together. My guess on the varied content is that you are hitting different nodes that our currently out of sync (waiting on Jive for that fix) with each URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Apparently my server is one that's behind, since on the forums.adobe.com URL I only see two posts in that thread. 

I'll try clearing cookies and seeing if I can get a different one.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, figures.

Clearing cookies and cache resulted in this thread showing only one post through either forums.adobe.com or support.muse.adobe.com now.  One of the nodes is completely not getting updates.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some minutes ago, this was the first thread in this forum:

Reply.JPG

However, when I open the thread in IE10/Win7, I see only the opening message. I got all 6 messages when I opened the thread in Firefox/Mac. Just back to IE/Win whyle typing this and I only got the first 5 messages. Shouldn't a node issue affect both computers the same way? (they are on the same LAN).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are six forum nodes. If both computers hit the same node, they should see the same content. If one hits the bad node and the other hits a good node, the content will be different until it gets fixed. You could have two browsers on the same computer hitting different nodes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

There are six forum nodes. If both computers hit the same node, they should see the same content. If one hits the bad node and the other hits a good node, the content will be different until it gets fixed. You could have two browsers on the same computer hitting different nodes.

This is hilarious!    Just when I thought Jive and Adobe couldn't possibly get any worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that a choice is made, which is then stored in a cookie.

Conceivably clearing cookies, then browsing to the site again could cause a different choice.

In practice, I seem to have gotten the same server 3 times with forums.adobe.com, and 2 out of 3 times I got a working node when I used support.muse.adobe.com.

Maybe if I keep clearing cookies, shutting down all instances of IE, and re-logging-in I'll get a good node.

Or maybe I should find something better to do while the problems get worked on...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines