Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to delete my posts on this forum

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can delete my posts and any reply's to them, as people googling the site name can see the posts and my issues. This including a client who is very upset that they can all be seen.

Thanks, help needed urgently.

Annie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you can, once a reply has been posted... that requires a Moderator or employee... and such a request would have to have a very good reason, because these forums are (partially) meant to be a historical record so someone else with the same/similar problem can find a solution

You might post the links to the message threads here, with your reason for deleting with each link, and you MAY get something deleted... but don't take that as any kind of guarantee

ADDED - for anyone else reading this... don't post something that don't want a search engine to find later... these are all OPEN forums, so anyone doing an Internet search who hits the right words can see what you wrote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I did read that it couldn't be done, but I was hoping that an Adobe staff member would see and help me. My client is upset and wants them taken down.

I am reluctant to post links to the posts as this will surely put them back to the top of the searches again. Would it be best to just hope they won't show after a while and 'google' is picking up the real site. I am having trouble getting the site to show up on google ATM.

I'm not sure if you can access the posts without the links.

Cheers Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnieGarwood wrote:

I'm not sure if you can access the posts without the links.

Unfortunately you can - anyone can look at your activity by clicking on your name. But once Adobe US come on line, I'd like to think that the circumstances will either be acceptable enough for Adobe to delete them for you or at least remove all references to that saucy site.

For the future why don't you set up your own Apache HTTP server and test there. You can then use non-client specific web addresses when posting questions.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Neale says, anyone who clicks your name may then look at your activity list of messages

I'm not sure with the new Jive7 - are you able to go back to your messages and then click the option box at the lower left of an individual message and remove the links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie, I can delete all of your messages. Please confirm and I will do so right away.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes please that way at least my client will be happy with that.

I really appreciate it.

Cheers Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late in the work day... so since Madison said OK, I deleted the 3 message threads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it, and my clients will be very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psst, Annie!  Just don't tell your client that those posts may still show up on the various sites that surreptitiously mirror these forums, and in Google's caches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi station_two,

Thanks for the tip, but even though they have been deleted I have clicked on them and the forum says it can't find them so I'm happy with that.

Cheers Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Google search would turn them up in no time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm having the same problem too. I accidentally posted the same thread twice. Some user replied and got mad hehe. And in my threads I put links to some pictures. I know most of the user don't like clicking on links and I know I should've attached an image instead.

So, can you delete those 2 threads for me? (It's about 'How to edit photos like these (Like in the Taylor Swift's Red album')

It'll help me so much.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeNyimp wrote:

…I know most of the user don't like clicking on links and I know I should've attached an image instead…

You can't "attach" images or files of any kind through email.  You can only embed images in your posts by using the little camera icon in the Reply Editor of the forum web interface.

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 9.25.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted your duplicate post. Do you want me to delete the original as well? It seems like you got a pretty helpful answer, so I'm reluctant!

Let me know

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnnieGarwood wrote:

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can delete my posts and any reply's to them, as people googling the site name can see the posts and my issues. This including a client who is very upset that they can all be seen.

Thanks, help needed urgently.

Annie

Sometimes you can delete your own posts by logging in to these forums and then going to your posts (assuming you remember them all!!) and then looking for something like this:

2014-06-10_1730.png

This icon is at the left corner of your post that you have posted.  Have a look at it and post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines