• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am still hoping

Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still hoping to wake up one day and find myself in the fair forums, restored or rebuilt, meeting lost friends and being relieved that this is over.

While we are here, I am still hoping:

That natives still here will persist, and that others will visit from time to time;

That the points will go away, their pointlessness and and harmfulness being fully and finally recognized; in the beginning they were supported by a few, and OPs were even urged to use them, but that seems to be over, so that no one wants them and no one will miss them;

That there will be breakthroughs to improved pefformance and appearance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A tai chi forum atmosphere is highly recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I am still hoping for a retraction of this section of the terms of service.  They should have no need to use our photos.  Surely Adobe can afford to properly hire photographers/graphic artists to do their photography work for them?

strong>8. Use of Your   Content.

a. Adobe does not claim ownership of   Your Content. However, except as     provided in Section 8(b), you grant   Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual,   irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute,   reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and   publicly display Your Content (in whole or in part) and to   incorporate Your Content into other Materials or works in any   format or medium now known or later developed.

And now in more common terms:We realize that this     section might look a bit scary and so we want to point out a few     things. This section only applies to those portions of our sites,     such as User Forums, where we intend for users to share content     freely with Adobe and with each other. It does not apply to all of     the content that you share, contribute or post to our sites. For     example, it does not apply to content hosted by Photoshop.com or     Acrobat.com. For services like those, we will provide customized     license grants that are consistent with the spirit and intent of     those services and that are appropriate for the kinds of content we     expect you to share within them. (We say this more formally below.)     So we encourage you to be selective when deciding which content to     contribute under this license and we want you to be sure that you     are comfortable granting the above rights when it comes to that     specific content.

b. The terms of Section 8(a) shall not apply to Your Content:

i. When specifically agreed that Section 8(a) shall not apply in any Additional Terms that may               accompany certain Services (such as those provided with Photoshop.com and Acrobat.com); or
ii. When Your Content is Made Available through Services that are intended for private               communication or which allow you to limit public access to Your Content and you do in fact limit public access.

In the case of Your Content covered   by Section 8(b)(i), you grant Adobe only those rights set forth in   such Additional Terms.

In the case of Your Content covered   by Section 8(b)(ii), you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free,   nonexclusive, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute,   reproduce, modify, publish and translate Your Content solely for   the purpose of enabling your use of the Service. You may revoke   this license and terminate Adobe’s rights at any time by   removing Your Content from the Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ever happened to the post from the employee telling us this was being worked on soooooooo long ago? We were told something to the effect that it takes a while for the legal department to re-write. Heck there were several thread topics on this.

Bumpty bump bump bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly killed the Photography forum by preventing many valuable contributors from posting (or even linking) their work.

The forum was a valuable resource under the Adobe banner.

More Adobe apathy towards users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Adobe apathy towards users. 

disdain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and I am still hoping for a retraction of this section of the terms of service.  They should have no need to use our photos.  Surely Adobe can afford to properly hire photographers/graphic artists to do their photography work for them?

Yes, I've been watching that, too. As well as a change to section 2b where they define "Your Content" as used in 8a and elswhere. It is not limited to photos and images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines