• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot write/reply when using Opera web browser

Community Expert ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Opera 10.53 as my primarily web browser. The problem is that i never can write or reply in any Adobe forum with Opera. (See attached image)

Opera_Reply.png

The text field i write this text in is very small in Opera and i cannot write in it. So to post questions and/or post answer i must use another browser, such as Internet Explorer in this case.

Since Adobe changed to this forum software i have never been able to use Opera to write in the forums. I can read posts in Opera, but never reply.

The question is Why and will it be fixed?

/Roger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Averdahl wrote:

Most likely because despite all their bluster about loving freedom of choice, that freedom of choice does not extend to letting people choose their own browser by sticking to published, open standards.

It will not be fixed. The excuse Jive (the vendor of these forums) uses is that Opera's "JavaScript engine refuses to load our RTE for one reason or another". After Opera itself stepped in and contacted Jive that the RTE did actually work, Jiv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl wrote:

Most likely because despite all their bluster about loving freedom of choice, that freedom of choice does not extend to letting people choose their own browser by sticking to published, open standards.

It will not be fixed. The excuse Jive (the vendor of these forums) uses is that Opera's "JavaScript engine refuses to load our RTE for one reason or another". After Opera itself stepped in and contacted Jive that the RTE did actually work, Jive changed its tune and 2 months ago stopped blaming Opera and simply wrote that "At this time we are not planning on supporting Opera".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Averdahl wrote:

It will not be fixed. The excuse Jive (the vendor of these forums) uses is that Opera's "JavaScript engine refuses to load our RTE for one reason or another". After Opera itself stepped in and contacted Jive that the RTE did actually work, Jive changed its tune and 2 months ago stopped blaming Opera and simply wrote that "At this time we are not planning on supporting Opera".

Another reason why Adobe should dump jive software and go with something that will.  PHPbb works better than this. It may not be scaleable enough to work on as large a forum as this but at leat it works with any Browser currently on the market.

Note just went to Opera (Mac 10.50) and  this is what I see:

Operapicture002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines