• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have lost all my PM's, post history, thread history and everything else. why?

Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My account just got "reseted". All my PM's got deleted, I don't have a post history anymore. My thread history is inexistent and I don't know what to think or do.

What happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, Adobe Admin. can help you regain your lost material, and straighten out your Adobe Forums account.

Seems that some odd things have been happening lately, but they seem to be isolated to particular accounts.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill.

I do with to have my account back to normal.

As for know, I'm just like any new user that has just opened a new account here =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to another, who had 20K + posts in the PrPro fora. He lost his PM's, and his account. Unfortunately, it happened going into the weekend in the US, so it took a few nervous days. Adobe Admin. got right onto it, and all is good now. He's back contributing to those fora.

Adobe Admin. is good at this, and will be along soon. Brew a pot of coffee (decaf recommended), and all is likely to be taken care of for you. There may be a few questions, but it will be simple for them.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Bill.

I'm not really that worried. I don't even know how many forum posts I had... something above 200 posts I think (nothing really special). But a guy with 1k+ posts and loads of forum points would get mad about it... that's why I think Adobe should take care of it.

My problem is that I had some threads that I kept getting back to whenever needed. Now it's a lot more complicated =/

And I don't drink coffee at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only hope that those threads will be restored, when your old account is activated. In that mentioned poster's case, everything was back to normal. Scary, while it lasted, but soon handled.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2010 Aug 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Why has my account spawned a similar identity?

It didn't solve the problem... by the way, my problem seems to be a little bit worse because my user name here is still the very same one. As you may see, my user name has no suffix of 6 or 7 random characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

newToAS3 wrote on 8/13/2010 1:43 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050

It didn't solve the problem... by the way, my problem seems to be a little bit worse because my user name here is still the very same one. As you may see, my user name has no suffix of 6 or 7 random characters.

So http://forums.adobe.com/people/newToAS3-KEmrX4 is not your original

account that you want back? Then what is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the account has been reset correctly. You may need to sign in again to see the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed... it got back to normal.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! Told you they'd be along in no time to fix things.

Did this restore the lost PM's too?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Bill, everything is back to normal.

Just one PM that I sent while with the other account that got lost so I think I'll have to resend it because the user won't be able to reply to it I think.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2010 Aug 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new,

Just one PM that I sent while with the other account that got lost so I think I'll have to resend it because the user won't be able to reply to it I think.

Indeed; yet another reason to keep stumm while it lasts, apart from crying for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup. I have the same issue (which will hopefully get fixed soon and as successfully.)

Jacob Bugge wrote:

new,

Indeed; yet another reason to keep stumm while it lasts, apart from crying for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines