• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm receiving notifications for answers to posts that aren't mine.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After logging in to the support community, I started receiving email notifications to posts I viewed, but did not create and never commented on. In addition, the email notification says that someone has replied to my post, when, in fact, they are not my posts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

I can't help with wrong notices, but if you don't want to receive email notices click your avatar picture in the upper right and then MY SETTINGS in the pop up

In my settings you may select the box to not receive email... but sure to click the SAVE option

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with wrong notices, but if you don't want to receive email notices click your avatar picture in the upper right and then MY SETTINGS in the pop up

In my settings you may select the box to not receive email... but sure to click the SAVE option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.  I do know about setting up notification preferences. The replies from posts I didn't submit is odd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you following?  Those posts don't have to be yours for you to get notifications.  That's why I turn off e-mail.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly, no, I am not following.  In fact, the notifcation emails I get actually say "UserName has replied to your post."  It's not a major probelm, but seems the sytem isn't working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>seems the sytem isn't working properly

There are many things about this new forum software that are not the way people would like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines