Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inability to edit a post

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, I've made a post and clicked to submit - should I later spot an error - I now seem no longer able to edit the post. 

I am sure I can remember being able to do that, but not any more.

Maybe there's a time limit on edits? If so, why?

So, is it a bug - or am I making a feature request?

If you agree, please click like as that apprently attracts the attention of the forum gnomes. 

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still edit posts I made days ago. The edit function is now under More; perhapes you missed it?

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't miss "more", but actually the "more" is missing on the post I was referring to, made yesterday.

Hmm, now I am editing this post because I went back to the problem reply I'd made - and "more" has reappeared in the line of options at the base of the post. So, maybe it is a bug, I'll keep watch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Edit message command is available in the ... drop-down menu AND in the More drop-down menu. Sometimes it works, sometimes it returns a "message not found" error (which is rather funny).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as you'll see in my reply above to linsims, "more" has reappeared on the offending post now. But where's that other "dropdown menu" that you mention? a screenshot would help please,

thanks neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu appearing when clicking on ... or More are pulldown menus. They only contain one single item : Edit Message. Which is curious because in that case, no menu is needed. A button is enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that’s strange, I see a few options under "more" - my original post was because "more" had disappeared. I guess I see "more/merge - - " because I have admin rights? In my earlier question I was referring to a dropdown menu you seemed to refer to in addition to "more" I understand now I think.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 11.59.25.JPEG

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Hi, that’s strange, I see a few options under "more"

You're an ACP, I'm not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm an ACP, also, but I only see Edit Reply because I'm not a moderator or an admin (not sure which you have to be to see the extra options).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines