• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a new max length on forum posts?

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wasted 4 days trying to make a post. Kept getting the message "Please try again later m5". Saw others making posts OK.

So I made a one word test post. It worked. So I re-tried my original post, deleting a little to make it smaller. It worked.

Nothing special in the original rejected post. Four short paragraphs, 109 words.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2015 Jan 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original text must have contained a word or phrase on the anti-spam list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip about some kind of anti-spam filtering. Turns out that was the problem, but you won't believe what caused it.

I re-tried posting my message many times, cutting out whole sentences until it finally worked. Then I took the offending sentence and cut out words until it finally worked.

The culprit? It was the number ninety-one followed by a slash followed by the number twelve. It was in a sequence of three such number-slash-numbers I was using to report the LAB-L values on an exposure of a colorchecker chart.

I tried a variety of other number-slash-number combinations and they all were accepted. I can't imagine what's spammy about the the combo shown above. Try typing that number-slash-number in a message and see what happens.

Having a false positive is bad, of course. But showing an error message that says "Please tray again later m5" is... well, I don't know how to describe it in words that won't offend the forum police.

For the fun of it I tried string of foul curse words. Was rejected, but with an error message that said "Message contents violates Terms of Service".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets stranger. My post above was rejected. Turns out it's just the number ninety-one that trips the spam filter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number ninety-one: yes, that makes sense (to us)!

For about a year we had literally thousands of spam submissions from India, "advertizing" all kinds of "magical" solutions for any kinds of problems.  The one thing all these spam postings had in common were telephone numbers in India, and if you look up the International dialing code for India, you may understand why it had been blocked.

Sorry you got caught in this trap, but you won't believe how much this spam flood interrupted the normal operation of these forums!

Glad you didn't give up and were eventually able to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

007.JPG

You did. It didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This explains why I wasn't able to post this message:

I suggest Contact Adobe India.  their contact details seems to be this:

India offices

Research and Development Pvt. Ltd.
Salarpuria Infinity, Third Floor
#5, Bannerghatta Road
Bangalore-560029
India
Tel: +9 1 80 41939500
Fax: +9 1 80 41939505

518/519, Midas, Sahar
Plaza Complex,
Andheri(E), Mumbai-400059
India
Tel: +9 1 22 40308809 or 40308805 or 40308806 or 40308807
Fax: +9 1 22 28365167

I-1A, Sector 25A
Noida, U.P. 201301
India
Tel: +9 1 120 444 4711
Fax: +9 1 120 433 3427 or 433-3439

Not sure if any of them are near to your location but worth a try.  PSE is actually developed in India so I am surprised why it is not possible to buy a single product.

Good luck and please post back to let us know of what was the problem.

I have separated the 9 1 for this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious: 191, 291, 391, 491, 591, 691, 791 and 891 make it, but the next in the series doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

Curious: 191, 291, 391, 491, 591, 691, 791 and 891 make it, but the next in the series doesn't.

It could be because in some countries, one needs to dial 9 followed by a number to get an outside line from corporate switchboards.  So 9 9 1 (this should be all 9 9 1 without spaces)  may not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a screenshot of your original post (that didn't make it through) and post it here in the forum.

Someone from the forum admin team should have a look at what word triggered it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines