Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a SEARCH button on this forum?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see one.

Control + F = FIND.  Find doesn't find one.

Is it me?  Or is it Jive? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a sore point with many of us.  The Search is "Ask a Question" and Ask a Question is "Start a Discussion".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as far as I know, the Ask a Question area (you enter your question in the line just under AaQ) is only on the entry page of a forum, not at the top of an actual message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "forum search" function is indeed cleverly named "Ask a question".  The point is, you can ask all you want, it will never give you the answer you are looking for.  Most likely it will return some completely unrelated topics from 2008, but never anything that contains the keywords you have entered.

Your best bet is Google, using the term site:forums.adobe.com - unfortunately you cannot make that search inside a specific forum.

"Ask a question" is indeed a sad, old, and very tired joke!  My own, homemade website has a better (SQL coded) search function...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

It is my understanding that the Adobe Forum Team is addressing the naming conventions for the Search function. Now, whether a change in that title will be forthcoming is up for debate. Also, many requests have been posited for better Searching within the Adobe Forums. Things have gotten better, but there is still much work to be done.

The Search capabilities on the AdobeTV pages has gotten better and better, and is almost, IMHO, about where it should be, with but a few additional tweaks. Maybe the Adobe Forums will be able to implement some of those Search features?

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, guys.

>>The "forum search" function is indeed cleverly named "Ask a question".  The point is, you can ask all you want, it will never give you the answer you are looking for.  Most likely it will return some completely unrelated topics from 2008, but never anything that contains the keywords you have entered.

Ah.  Yes, I eventually tried that.  That's exactly what happened.

More Jive from Adobe.  Shame.  Used to be the best forums on the planet.

(BTW, I copied the >> text above, put it on my clipboard, and when I used Jive's quotation marks, Hunt's post popped up.  Jive again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I could find the link so I could credit the kind soul on these forums suggested using the following to Google a particular thread, in this case (obviously) InDesign Scripting:

<[terms you want to search on] "InDesign Scripting > Discussions" site:forums.adobe.com/thread/>

David

Message was edited by: David W. Goodrich Typos, argh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines