• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues after the update from 2.5.7 to 2.5.16

Advocate ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of issues have cropped up due to / during / after the update of the forums from 2.5.7 to 2.5.16 at the beginning of this week. This is a list of those issues as I have compiled them. It is a work in progress and I will update it when more information becomes available.

1 Username and email problems for some users. (fixed 2009-12-03)

Some users have a suffix appended to their username and their email address replaced with a random string (as a consequence email notifications don't work anymore). This problem is being worked on. Time to fix is unknown. Users experiencing this problem are requested to report so in this thread: My user handle and e-mail have been changed without my knowledge Please include your old username, which Adobe ID's you have and whether you used the same email address for those Adobe IDs.

2 Some user preferences are lost when logging in. (fixed 2009-12-03)

When you log in to the forums (either manually or automatially based on a "Remember me" cookie), some of your preferences are overwritten by their default values. The most noiceable prference is the settng to display your screen name (real name) that will get reset to displaying a username. This problem is being worked on. Time to fix is unknown.

3 The Rich Text Editor (RTE) is inserting linebreaks.

When typing a post the RTE will randomly insert linebreaks.

Workaround: remove the linebreaks manually.

4 Raw (FreeMarker?) code is inserted in some posts (through the RTE?).

In some posts code appears that was not entered by the user. The code looks something like below (but there may be much more then just this one line):

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Workaround: edit the post and remove the code.

5 The logout button disappeared.

The logout button is no longer visible.

Workaround: How can I log out from the forums?

6 Search is down on one node. (fixed 2009-12-03)

Search is down on the SGAURWA41P cluster node. This does not show itself as an error, but instead as 0 search results.

Workaround: restart all browser windows and you may end up on another cluster node or use Google with a "site:forums.adobe.com" search modifier.

7 Users have 404 problems on first request.

This is not really a new problem, but it is something that was supposed to be fixed with the update. The problem is caused by the forums inserting a jsessionid parameter in the wrong place in the URL.

Workaround: reload the page where the incorrect link is located.

8 Image upload through camera button doesn't always work. (fixed 2009-11-30)

Some people have reported problems with uploading JPG and PNG images using the camera icon.

Workaround: attach the images instead.

Update 2009-11-28:

A probable cause for the error [The content type of this image is not allowed.] when uploading images through the camera button has been identified. Internet Explorer uploads images using a Content-Type header that differs from the IANA registered type for jpg and png images. As such, the recommended workaround for people wanting to upload images using the camera icon is to use a browser that is not Internet Explorer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past 2 days several additional issues have cropped up.

9 Attachments maintain the status QUEUED (fixed 2009-11-23)

Attachments remain stuck in the antivirus queue.

10 Profile images moderation broken (fixed 2009-11-23)

Loading of profile images is broken, causing them to remain stuck in the profile image moderation queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues 9 and 10 have been removed from the list since they are fixed. Hopefully permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue 8 has been removed since the exceptions image/x-png and image/pjpeg have been added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue 6 has been removed since the latest update has fixed the search index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues with user preferences being reset upon login has been resolved.

The issue with usernames getting a weird suffix and scrambled emailaddresses has been mainly resolved. There appear to be a few corner cases left, but those are probably a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue 3 is probably the same issue as CS-14582.

Issue 4 is probably the same issue as CS-17832.

Issue 7 has been logged with bug number CS-17805.

I am opening this thread for public comments and taking down the sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re issue 4, "Raw (FreeMarker?) code is inserted in some posts (through the RTE?)", the suggested workaround is:

With my IE 8, the workaround never works.  See this test post for an example:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2470219

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my own surprising tests here 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re issue 4, "Raw (FreeMarker?) code is inserted in some posts (through the RTE?)", the suggested workaround is:

That workaround doesn't appear to work for IE 8. However, Jochem suggested a workaround that does work: Turn on IE 8's Compatibilty View for Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2009 Dec 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few observations concerning 3, the extra line breaks:

On one occasion, I saw that the cursor had moved to the far right, as if a right alignment command had been inserted, and when I wrote the next letter, it was on the next line and the former line just ended with the previous one.

I believe that is the actual error: a faulty right alignment which will force the next letter to start on the next line, itself being replaced by a return.

And I believe that it only shows for a very short time so it is easy to miss.

It seems to happens often to (certain) others, rarely to myself, confirming that there is some kind of randomness associated with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it all the time. It is a big nuisance to an

yone who tries to answer a lot of questions in the prod

uct forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before creating a message try hitting return a time or two before starting your message. I've found usuallyit happens with the first Paragraph most all paragraphs after for me don't have the break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of late it happens to me 9

times out ten.

Although the above broke exactly between the words at the right time I did not  plan the break. I noticed though as soon as I insert a return on my own, that the strange breaks don't happen. I think I will for a while hit a return or two before starting my message and see if the break occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

A few observations concerning 3, the extra line breaks:

As I wrote before, I believe this to be issueCS-14582:

cursor randomly jumps to next line while typing
Priority:2
Type:Bug
Resolution:Fixed
Affects version(s):3.0.6,
Fixed version(s):2.5.17,3.0.8,4.0.0,

So this issue was fixed on September 21 and we are waiting for an update to a version that includes that fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.

I did see the CS-something notes, but did not know what or where they were.

As you may have seen, http://forums.adobe.com/message/2480281#2480281, Hunt talked me into his being Denser, although I was in doubt; maybe I should have refused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote on 12/26/2009 3:34 PM:

I did see the CS-something notes, but did not know what or where they were.

They are Jive bug numbers. Unfortunately access to Jive's bugtracker is

rather limited so we always have to jump through hoops to even read the

one-line descriptions. More useful information, such as a "woraround"

field for the issues is simply not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2009 Dec 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relative to the CS references:

They are Jive bug numbers.

Jochem,

Thank you for that clarification. I was thinking about CS = Creative Suite, and was totally lost.

Appreciated,

Hunt

PS - I know that this stuff is 2nd nature to many, but some of us, trying to follow along at home, might be hopelessly lost. I/we appreciate the hand-holding, so we can make some sense of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunt talked me into his being Denser, although I was in doubt; maybe I should have refused.

Hunt

PS - I thought that I was Denser, and you got the role of Dense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2010 Jan 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

PS - I thought that I was Denser, and you got the role of Dense?

PS - I know that this stuff is 2nd nature to many, but some of us, trying to follow along at home, might be hopelessly lost. I/we appreciate the hand-holding, so we can make some sense of this.

Certainly. But I fear the film may actually be, not because of the script but inevitably,

a) A switching back and forth leaving the audience in doubt who is who, or

b) A seeming competition to be the latter, or

c) A development where the former becomes the latter and the latter becomes the latter still.

In other words, I am not sure the answer lies in the question, who is Denser than Dense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets not get too far afield please. This is the first time JVD has actually posted information about bugs and progess as to them being fixed. If he feels people are making too many silly coments he may stop. We've begged and pleaded for information, so we didn't feel like mushrooms (kept in the dark). Let us not waste an opportunity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Phillip; let's please not contaminate this thread. Even though I can hardly follow any of the technical stuff written here, it helps me in knowing how we stand. Knowing that Jive corrected a given issue in a more recent version of Clearspace than 2.5.16 and that Adobe has no foreseeable plans of an update/upgrade of the software is better than not knowing anything.  At least it says something about Adobe and these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree about the technicality of the answers, but any information is better than none. And we do have to give JVD credit for trying. That's better than in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue 4 was fixed in ClearSpace 2.5.19 on December 1st. Adobe does not yet have a plan for upgrading to a version that includes that fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines