• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues With the Fora Lately?

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about Tuesday, Nov. 02, 2010, the Adobe fora have been very slow, and flaky. There have been several instances, where the servers were down. Mostly, these are rather short-lived, in the 15 min. range. Other times, they have been in the 1 hour range. In general terms, the speed of refresh, and response has been at about 10% of what I had become accustomed to - very slow, and often totally unresponsive.

I have also been logged out about every 30 mins., with no real pattern. Sometimes, I'll stay logged-in for an hour, and then get logged-out with every post.

I looked for some notification of maintenance, but saw none.

Am I the only person experiencing this?

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

I haven't been experiencing this much myself. Just one big slowdown on Tuesday afternoon. But I am seeing some hits on our external monitors showing outages of 30 seconds to  3 or 4 minutes. Unfortunately, Jive's internal logs are not reporting most of these issues, except for the one large one. I've tried to jump into the forums when I get an alert, and have not had problems getting in. So the issue could be with an individual node or with connectivity issues external to Jive.

Have you had any a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also seen random slowdowns, but

I am getting used to

observing new "features".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changes here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just since November 2?

Hmm, you might consider that it could be a conspiracy spearheaded by (insert favorite political party here).

On a more serious note, I've not really noticed a discernable pattern from my connections.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been experiencing this much myself. Just one big slowdown on Tuesday afternoon. But I am seeing some hits on our external monitors showing outages of 30 seconds to  3 or 4 minutes. Unfortunately, Jive's internal logs are not reporting most of these issues, except for the one large one. I've tried to jump into the forums when I get an alert, and have not had problems getting in. So the issue could be with an individual node or with connectivity issues external to Jive.

Have you had any additional "unexpected error occurred" messages? Or do you get redirected to a "site down" or "maintenance" page when you cannot get in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have you had any additional "unexpected error occurred" messages? Or do you get redirected to a "site down" or "maintenance" page when you cannot get in?

No "unexpected errors," but a lot of "Page Not Available" messages. These linger from a few minutes to up to about 20 mins. Sometimes it's hard to tell how long the "outage" is, as I might head off to do something else, and then not get back for 20 mins. and the "fix" may well have come at 30 sec.?

Also, I had not experienced any random log-outs, until this bout of issues. Now, it happens randomly, with sometimes getting logged-out in the 45 sec. to do a simple post. We had several periods, with similar episodes per session. Those disappeared for about 6 mos., by my observations.

One big rash of similar led to a big system crash. By that I mean that many observed a bunch of little things, similar to what I have been seeing, and shortly, the forum went down for quite awhile.

BTW - I'm on Chrome, in case any of it's browser-specific.

Thanks for the observations,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a few very short outages, where nothing happened for maybe up to a minute and a half, and then everything was back normal (slowness/whatever) again, maybe twice or thrice altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines