• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with updating mini bio, and setting my username as my name instead of first and last name

Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My name is Sno Erika Carnevali and I'm new to the adobe forms.  I am having a couple of issues:

1.  I want to keep my mini bio empty, but when I hit save after deleting whatever was in my mini bio, the mini bio still has the information there as if I never deleted it, even though it confirmed that I have emptied my mini bio.

2.  I would like my username to display in the forms rather than my first and last name.  How would I be able to view it as a username rather than my first and last name when I am logged in? I logged out just now and I am showing as my username when I view the forums when I'm not logged in.

Thank you for the help,

- Sno Erika Carnevali aka STANDARD DEVIATION X2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/STANDARD+DEVIATION+X2  wrote

I'm not sure what you mean.  My question was how do I set my settings where I can see just my username in the forums and profile while I'm logged in?

Thank you for your help

You will see always your full name and all info. Other users will see your screen name and only the info you released for public viewing. Apart from you, only some Adobe employees have the ability to check your full credentials. Even forum moderators do not see that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how you appear to other users:

Only STAFF can see your real name all others will know you as STANDARD DEVIATION X2 which is quite inventive... 🙂

I also do not see any brief bio on your account:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, how long does it take for my uploaded avatar to get approved by moderators? I would prefer to have my avatar to be the same as my profile picture instead of the generic ones.  Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for so many questions (I have literally just started using the adobe forums lol) but how do I edit a comment once it has been posted? when I click on actions, it says "no actions are available"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>just started using the adobe forums

Jive Forum Getting Started https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7042/version/24

-and Forum Help https://forums.adobe.com/community/forumhelp

User Manual for the Adobe Community (the forums) https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714

-or http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally you can edit your postings as long as there is no answer to them. Click to the time link () to enter a more sophisticated view of the forum and use the "Actions" dropdown.

In other cases you can PM a forum moderator like me to do that for you. I did correct and deleted the second post...

As for the Avatar: They need to be approved by Adobe staff and that takes some time but generally it is not a big problem, except when there is a lot of work. Just be patient. You will be notified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Abambo, you are very helpful. Next time I have a question here, when are you usually available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Abambo, you are very helpful. Next time I have a question here, when are you usually available?

Post it! There are many helpful people here. Also non ACPs. These are however public fora. So do not post private information like e-mails, phone numbers, addresses... 

I'm a lot here around, but there are others...

A lot of ACPs/MVPs are also forum moderators. Forum moderators can move threads around and mark questions correct, even if they are not the OP. With time you will know them by their actions.

Have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, how long does it take for my uploaded avatar to get approved by moderators?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be patient! Give me or others a few minutes to answer your questions. See here for the answer to this one: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11193739#11193739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question:  When I'm logged in, how do I view my own self here on the messages and on my profile as my username rather than my first and last name?

I'm really just trying to set up my profile and how both I and everyone else is viewing it since I'm using Adobe to build my graphic design products for my small business and for my upcoming novel that will be published on Amazon at the end of this year.  I like having all of my avatars/profile pictures uniform across all services I use, so thank you for helping me and walking me through the process and the forums polices.

Thank you for all of your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a different account for those things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

I'm not sure what you mean.  My question was how do I set my settings where I can see just my username in the forums and profile while I'm logged in?

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help

You will see always your full name and all info. Other users will see your screen name and only the info you released for public viewing. Apart from you, only some Adobe employees have the ability to check your full credentials. Even forum moderators do not see that as it is not important for forum moderation. The drawback of this is that some operations (like avatar approval) need to be performed by Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines