Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jive Auto Carriage Return - Workaround?

Apr 02, 2010 Apr 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about 20 characters Jive inserts an automatic carriage return.  Very annoying.

I have found that if I press enter twice before I start my message I do not get this annoying feature.

Has anyone else found this works for them?

I am using the latest Firefox browser in Vista.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported mainly as an Explorer problem, which I'm using now, but I also get in in Firefox/Mac, which I can't try until after the weekend. I don't recall having read your workaround, but I am testing it now and I don't seem to be getting the extra linefeed. I remember having read as an official workaround to remove the extra carriage returns manually!!! Your method is much better; I'll keep on testing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did some further testing here, and your

workaround seems to be working. This time I did not use your wor

karound and the difference shouls be obvious to anyone who i

s not blind. Sorry for the blabla, but I need long sentences to see if the problem is still there or has gone.

Sorry, I left out the link to my additional test messages in the special thread for testing; this was unintentional:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2709636#2709636

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I was using IE 7, and getting those phantom line-breaks, it seemed most likely to happen within a certain character count, or number of lines in most cases. However, I observed several times that it happened many times, well into the body copy, i.e. even after a dozen lines - BOOM!

Now, the Dbl-Enter might well clear them all. If I still used IE, I'd certainly give that a test. With Chrome, I have yet to have any.

Good work, and hope that it clears those up - makes reading tough.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing seems to confirm that your workaround does work. I used it for typing this message from Explorer/Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2010 Apr 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it works for someone else also.  I was getting real tired of

those auto returns (dang nabit

forgot to hit the enter bar twice before typing message), and then correcting them, or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now if the work around was scriptable using applescript for Mac or VBA for PC would be great. This seems to be the biggest bug needing fixed. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround?

Post and help people over at PanetPDF. Their forum software may be simplistic but at least it's stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

My workaround?

Post and help people over at PanetPDF. Their forum software may be simplistic but at least it's stable.

It's PlanetPDF not PanetPDF, although with all the Phone Techsupport Problems maybe it should be Pan-itPDF

Just looking around seem like its too PC centric just juding by all the tools available.  like for example the  PDF TO Excel and PDF to Word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2010 Apr 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem with the old version of Opera too.  New version has no such problems, strangely enough.  Workaround for Opera users is to upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As shown by this message and the two test messages in the test thread here

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2714305#2714305

the workaround also works in Mac/Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2010 Apr 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out Claudio.

To date, I have only been able to report what Chrome does, regarding those. Glad that Curt and others, have reported good results with different browsers and a few workarounds.

I'd love to see that "fixed," as trying to read some posts makes my eyes bleed. Those line-breaks and also the 15-character line width*. What's up with that? Maybe those folk are posting/replying via their smart phones, or similar?

Good luck to all of us,

Hunt

* OK, artistic license invoked for emphasis here, as they are probably 45-character lines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am so used to it that I just ignor it and keep typing away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines