• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jive is not very good, IMO

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add my pi$$ to the wind..... I've never met a Jive forum that I like, and the Adobe implementation seems the worst. Hard to tell just what is the fault of Jive or of Windows Vista, which was recently imposed on me, but I'm most irritated at the unstable cursor control in the text input areas. It's getting really annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mkane1 wrote:

It's getting really annoying.

Just wait! It gets worse!

And the combined might of adobe can't fix it.

It is a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a disaster.

It is a sugar coated disaster.

Fixed it for you

Forum Salesmen: "Here is an example of forum software that works flawlessly, but looks like crud"

Adobe: "Okay"

Jive: "Here is our forum software it's shiney and runs slow and crappy, but looks pretty"

Adobe: "Aww, shiney"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Jive Slogan: "Jive forums. Hate them now, loath them later."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's NOT Vista (for once), no.  This Jiveware© garbage is the problem.  Yes, the text input is a hacked JavaScript mess and should be deleted from every computer on Earth.  Let planet Jive have it if they like it so much.

Interesting comment about how you've never liked a Jive forum.  And in the case here, the user-interaction and design company Adobe can't even get it working correctly.  What does that mean?  It means we've been royally Jived by Jive Software's snake oil salesmen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines