• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

John C., Please help if it's possible to restore the display name for Ken

Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

This is a personal private message, everyone else please ignore.

Dave Milbut has worked tirelessly trying to see if he could help me restore my user name as Ken Nielsen along with my little 5-letter password. I've only been able to log on here by making up a new moniker and password which was fortunate as most forums will not allow you to enter as a new user when you still have your old standard e-mail address. The process has been like swiss cheese: some things work, some have holes in them and are not really there (no cheese.)

Whatever you can do, even to the point of advising me to leave everything as it is, would be appreciated. It would be nice to have my old name back. I think others here have had to change their names also but one thing at a time.

You can contact Dave if you need the background history of his work on this over the past few weeks. Other than that, I'm out of ideas and need help.

Thanks,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

here's what i got:

(mostly cut and past from an e-mail to ken)

i tried logging in  with "Ken Nielsen" & "[redacted pw]" and get:
"Adobe ID and password do not match"

i clicked reset password... and get:

"Step 2: Look in your email.

We will send an email to the address associated with the ID.

Once you receive the email, click on the URL in the email. You will go to a web page to create a new password."

clicked SEND PASSWORD and get:

"Look in your email.

We have sent an email to the address associated with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's what i got:

(mostly cut and past from an e-mail to ken)

i tried logging in  with "Ken Nielsen" & "[redacted pw]" and get:
"Adobe ID and password do not match"

i clicked reset password... and get:

"Step 2: Look in your email.

We will send an email to the address associated with the ID.

Once you receive the email, click on the URL in the email. You will go to a web page to create a new password."

clicked SEND PASSWORD and get:

"Look in your email.

We have sent an email to the address associated with the ID. You will receive an email from Adobe in the next few minutes with instructions to reset your password. For security purposes, you must re-set your password within the next 24 hours.

If you don’t receive this email or if you have additional questions, please visit Customer Service for helpful tips, or to open a chat session during business hours.

For additional Acrobat Connect support click here."

ken says he has never changed the original pw, nor the email addy used associated w/the id (the same one we were communicating with). i asked him to double check his spam folder (it's a yahoo address). maybe john c. can check the ken id and make sure the email is correct so ken can reset his own pw? or can you - john - reset the pw for him?

any other questions, please let me know, i'm at aikodude at yahoo dot com, or post here or private message me.

ken, you might want to private message john with your yahoo email addy so he can update the id with the correct address, in case it got corrupted...

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has come to me in spam folder or otherwise.

I'll wait for response from John here so I can link to his e-mail address.

Thanks Dave,

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem ken. anything i can do to help man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send food supplies and a scrabble board for something to do while I'm waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote on 2009-06-24 06:05:

maybe john c. can check the ken id and make sure the email is correct so ken can reset his own pw? or can you - john - reset the pw for him?

Why are you trying to dump this issue on John? The instructions clearly

say to contact customer support and you know that John doesn't handle

password resets anymore.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

Why are you trying to dump this issue on John?

Because he used to fix these things in the good old days – that's why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote on 2009-06-25 00:20:

jochemd wrote :

>>

>> Why are you trying to dump this issue on John?

Because he used to fix these things in the good old days – that's why!

But Dave knows it doesn't work that way anymore. So I am concluding he

is knowingly sending someone the wrong way and being very vocal about

how 'helpful' he is, and would like to know why.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Dave knows it doesn't work that way anymore.

what? since when? just last week (or so) i've seen john post something that said essentially "send me a message and i'll look at your id".

no offense jochem man, and i respect you for your knowledge and it's application,  but why is it your business?

So I am concluding he is knowingly sending someone the wrong way and being very vocal about how 'helpful' he is, and would like to know why.

well then i guess that's why you should never assume. and i'm not "being vocal" about anything. i'm trying to help out a friend. so piss off with your fekkin attitude, eh?

you see, i'm assuming you think you're being helpful by butting in where no one asked you, but i somehow don't think that's your intention.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote on 2009-06-25 14:06:

>> But Dave knows it doesn't work that way anymore.

what? since when?

At the very least since May 26th when you complained about the new

procedure in http://forums.adobe.com/message/1989322#1989322

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whatever. you help him then. no agenda here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am concluding he is knowingly sending someone the wrong way and
being very vocal about how 'helpful' he is, and would like to know why.

sorry, but i'm fumed over this! what a pompous and arrogant attitude! who the fak are you to conclude ANYthing about me or my motives? how am i being "vocal about how helpful" i am? and WHY DO YOU GIVE A FLYING FEK to the point you have to butt in and accuse me of having some nefarious underhanded motive for helping someone?!! then even after a post where it was pretty clear i was pissed (i thought) and that you had made a wrong assumption, you continued to post to try to "prove your point".

i take back the point about the respect in my last post. fek you bish!

you're just another example of how the wonderful adobe representatives treat regular users ...

why do we even bother any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum has gone to sh!t. The people who were once helpful are learning that their help is no longer wanted by Adobe and the hosts are all a bunch of a$$holes now, as all the good hosts have gone. Adobe has absolutely destroyed any sense of community that we once had here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko

So many have said this in whatever words so very often now.

Why are we all still hanging around?

Well, it is not all anymore. That is for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess some of us do care, but caring is becoming such a PITA just like using the Jived Up forum. I'm stopping by less and less every day I'm sure the host are happy about that. One less dissenting voice so they can brag about the successful new forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a real community that had grown up naturally over the years and, while there was sometimes dissension among the ranks (normally caused by the occasional misfit) there existed an atmosphere of friendly collaboration.

This other, artificial "community" that has been created by Adobe zealots seems to be composed of arrogant posers on the whole.

People more concerned with status and kudos than with belonging.

The move to Jive instantly alienated a lot of valuable and well-liked members of our real community and many others have since drifted away, put off by the interface or by the undertones of elitism which seem to be drifting in from the bearers of fancy titles.

What a pity   —    or should that be PITA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bright side: We've had our day with almost 15 years of tight gathering over the most exciting period of software development ever known to mankind. That period is over now and there is a new regime. Do we want to be like the people of Iran, filling the streets with protest? Is this the hill we want to die on? I think not. This site is and always has been the property of Adobe. Let's be thankful for the years we had and let the new times be. There is little we can do to change the way things are going, but we do still have complete say about how we conduct ourselves.

Time to get back to work,

Ken

Remember the poem by Carl Sandburg 'Grass,' no, not to smoke some, but the poem remembers that times gone by are forgotten, covered by a new lawn, and nobody remembers what happened there before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saskatchewanobie wrote:

...but the poem remembers that times gone by are forgotten, covered by a new lawn, and nobody remembers what happened there before.

And there's, "...and the leaves that are green... turn to brown." The suits and bean counters are taking over... time to start a new company... imagination dies... cutting edge gets blunted... time to start afresh... are SourceForge likes the answer? Do we really need Photshop in all it's adavnced avatars for day-to-day-work? There are alternatives (and better - judging by multi-user comments) to Illustrator. DW is just a question of workflow... Switch and there are - blasphemy! - equally good alternatives. Premiere Pro doesn't hold a candle to FCP... which BTW is also available in the Windows interface on Mac. A few programs, yes. I gather there really is no alternative - as such - to After Effects. But Flash??? And so, it goes on... Adobe is effing up big time... Falling into the monolith (multi-lith?) trap.For instance, i kmow guys who refuse to use Bridge. They have standalone free or shareware programs that deliver equal functionality at a fraction the system overhead, let alone the cost overhead... The list goes on... marching to a piper and drummer that Adobe can't hear or chooses not to hear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John C's not here, man. In fact I don't see any sign this forum is being adminned at all any more. I'm delighted not to have my least-favourite host / Community Expert (hah!) sending everyone to the naughty corner all the time and self-importantly ferrying little notes 'round back' but I'd like to hear more from the one who does know what's going on (I assume) and has always been helpful in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"At the slightest provocation" Kim Ill Jong will be firing a nuke head missle to take care of our problems. I sent him a picture of Buko giving Kim Jong the one-fingered salute. Is that provocation enough Kim Jong Dong?

Ken

Hey look, Buko can write prose that would be banned on a submarine's rest-room wall, but above, a word got the **** edit.

You can say anything, but don't say ****!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and if you need a REASON for why i was trying to help ken? it's because ADOBE HAS BEEN NO FEKKING HELP TO THIS LONG TIME USER FOR MONTHS DESPITE HIS REPEATED REQUESTS FOR HELP FROM THE POWERS THAT BE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ken, any luck from either the customer service link or help from this forum?

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like my post saying the SPAM thread has been removed for abuse has been removed.

This place is getting worse by the hour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone has also deleted the Forum Comments forum is the new Lounge thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"ken, any luck from either the customer service link or help from this forum?

dave"

I think it would be easier to go into court and have my name changed to Saskatchewanobie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines