• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JourneyEd

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a couple questions. I was wondering if https://www.journeyed.com/ is a legit Adobe Software provider. As a student  I see that you save a lot of money on Adobe products through JourneyEd. One thing that made me suspicious is that for an additional 9$ you get "SoftWare replacement Assurance". What is this exactly? I can reinstall a software that I OWN for up to a year?? I'm a little confused there... Shouldn't I be able to reinstall any Adobe Software I purchase as many times as I like? I'm not understanding this and it sounds like some sort of scam.

Below is what it says in a dialog box after clicking the "what's this" link in the shopping cart.

What is Software Replacement Assurance?

Software Replacement Assurance (SRA) allows you to reinstall your software as needed for one year, even if you no longer have the original installation media. 

Imagine that final exams are approaching and your computer crashes.  You restore your system, but the original media for your additional purchased software is lost or damaged, or your download instructions are gone.  What do you do now?

Get some peace of mind with Software Replacement Assurance.  If you purchase SRA, we will keep a backup of your CD Media or Download access for one year.

Depending on the product you purchased, you will either get a physical copy of the software or receive it as an electronic download. Either version will come with your unique Product Key, which you should keep in a safe place.  If your computer is damaged, lost, or stolen and you need a copy of the program again, we can get a new copy to you.  For media buyers we will send you a replacement copy overnight at no charge; if you purchased an electronic download, we can send you another download installation that same day.  Either way, you can simply use your existing Product Key to reinstall your missing software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is to discuss how the forums operate... not products or vendors

If you are unsure of that vendor, use a different one

I have purchased from both of these places, in the past when I worked at a University

Both sites below require proof of Education status, per Adobe licensing

Buy at http://www.studica.com/ or https://www.academicsuperstore.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would feel at least uneasy by the large discounts I saw following your link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>uneasy by the large discounts

I have never bought from the store the OP linked, but the store I did use to buy CS5 Master Collection had it for just about 20% of MSRP

Education versions are sold at LARGE discounts from retail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah for sure, but I did finally verify with adobe that journeyed is a legit adobe software vendor for students/faculty etc. 80% is a huge discount!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>80% is a huge discount!

Absolutely!!!

I used to work at WA State Univ and could buy "some, major" Adobe or Microsoft products at 20% of retail from one, specific online store (any other Education versions had to come from the other two companies I linked near the top of this message thread)

Since you now know that JourneyEd is an Adobe partner, I see no reason not to buy from them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio GonzƔlez wrote:

I would feel at least uneasy by the large discounts I saw following your link...

There is no need to "feel at least uneasy" because all adobe products have to be activated and if the software is dodgy then it won't activate.  Retailers get a hefty discount from Adobe and so they can afford to undercut other retailers in the area or on the net.

This is exactly how Amazon conducts its business.  Amazon have a special form for customers to inform them of cheaper products so that they can undercut those retailers.  That is how business is conducted these days.  Some businesses make profit others don't.  Amazon never makes a profit AFAIK from its core business of website products.  It is other divisions like CDN and database and IT functions that is making the most for Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it has been confirmed that journeyed is a legit software vendor. At any rate, initially there was a need to feel uneasy because of the 80% discount. Sure, if the software you've purchased froma  vendor is "dodgy" then it wont activate. That's just it, you've already purchased  (keywords = already purchased) the fraudulant software and been ripped off. Hence, maybe a reason to wory = money lost.Unless there's a way to attempt to activate software prematurely before purchase to see if the software is legit . Which ofcourse isn't happening.

Student stores are common and mostly legit, but there are vendors out there selling / advertising software at rediculously low prices that are complete scams. So yeah, I'd think any person would be a bit skeptical on an 80% discount on expensive, highend software from Adobe. My 2c.

regards,

gfx426

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Asking questions is always good... now, since you "did finally verify with adobe that journeyed is a legit adobe software vendor" I see no reason why you should not buy from them

As long as you write your own backup of the file(s) download to disc (and a text file containing your serial number) there is no reason to buy their insurance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gfx426 wrote:

I can reinstall a software that I OWN for up to a year??

You do not own any software, unless you have written it yourself.  You have a license to use it; that's all.

And that one-year option is a service by that particular reseller.  If you forget to make backups of your data, installers, etc., then they will (for a fee) keep these installers for you.  (Adobe does not usually provide downloads for products that are not the most current.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. Okay, so if I buy a boxed, physical version of lets say.. photoshop, I don't own that copy of the software?Adobe would own the boxed copy of the software I purchased and/or reserve the right to take "their" software back from me? Also, if I had a digital download, why would I need anyone to keep backups of installers? If I lost or damaged any installers and I needed a new one(s) couldn't Adobe verify that I purchased the software somehow and grant me another copy of my "installer" and/or activation keys/codes (if I lost them)?

At any rate, I'm just trying to understand how this is working. I'm not a big fan of purchasing high end software with a risk of something going wrong and then not being able to use or reinstall the software that I payed for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are asking ahead of time, it is clear that YOU know to write a download to a DVD to be sure you have it in case your computer crashes, but there have been many questions asked in the various product forums I visit from people who did NOT write their download to disc, and need help because their product is so old that they can no longer find a download (or, they lost their boxed product and need a replacement)

The only way you would be able to download a new install from Adobe is if you buy from Adobe... download purchases from a 3rd party are handled by that 3rd party

Read the license agreement that comes with any software... you don't own the software, you are granted a license to install & use the program... this is not just Adobe... I don't know about "take back" so you will have to read the license agreement

I know of no risk of not being able to reinstall software, as long as you have the disc/download and your serial number... Adobe even allows you to install & activate on 2 computers (idea is desktop and laptop) as long as you don't try and use both at the same time

I mostly buy boxed software, but when I do buy a download I always write a copy of the file to disc... along with a text file containing the serial number

I also use drive imaging software to write a copy of my entire boot drive to a USB drive, so I may quickly restore in the event my boot drive crashes

This backup and then restore is, of course, only to the same computer with a new drive (or the same drive as long as you don't mind writing over everything) since doing a restore to a new computer won't work due to Windows and many programs having activation information that is keyed to your hardware (which is why Windows will force you to RE-Activate if you change very much hardware)

The product I use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm

Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may restore the image to a brand new drive in case of a crash, and not have to re-install anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines