Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limitations of Email Discussions

Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used email as it is not a good fit for me, and has limitations.  But to answer questions properly it would be helpful to know what they see.

Here is what I am assuming they see or don't see.  If incorrect set me straight please, but be gentle.

1.  They do not see any edits made to messages.

2.  They do not see header for Announcements of current issues.

3.  They do not see Link to mark answers "answered" or "helpful".

4.  If you refer them to items in the header like "Adobe Icon", "Adobe Community" link, FAQ, or Popular Discussions they do not see it.

5.  And finally, what do they get when they click "create by email" rather than "start a discussion"?

This was all brought into light yesterday when I suggested OP read Announcement #2 on ACR 7.3 just above the Discussion questions in Photoshop Forum.  He responded back that he could not find Announcement or ACR 7.3  as he lost the link to the Photoshop Discussion Page so please send it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Correct. You must visit the forum thread to see any edits made.

Announcements are also sent out via e-mail, as long as you are subscribed to that forum area. e.g. if you are subscribed to Forums Comments, and someone creates an announcement in here, then you'll get an e-mail with the title and body of that announcement.

Corr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct. You must visit the forum thread to see any edits made.

Announcements are also sent out via e-mail, as long as you are subscribed to that forum area. e.g. if you are subscribed to Forums Comments, and someone creates an announcement in here, then you'll get an e-mail with the title and body of that announcement.

Correct. You must visit the forum thread to see these links.

4.  If you refer them to items in the header like "Adobe Icon", "Adobe Community" link, FAQ, or Popular Discussions they do not see it.

That's correct. I personally try to avoid referring to a specific link (e.g. I say "start a new discussion" rather than "click the Start a discussion link") and if a specific link is needed I try to include that link in my reply. Other people may use other methods to provide context to their replies.

5.  And finally, what do they get when they click "create by email" rather than "start a discussion"?

The "Create by email" link just shows you the e-mail address that you would need to send to in order to create a discussion in that forum area via e-mail. It also gives you the option to download a vCard in order to more easily save this e-mail address as a Contact in your e-mail client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines