• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to Report Spam thread gone?

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have lost the link to the Spam Report thread in all the forums I frequent. Is it just me, an intentional deletion, or an accident?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

The link is back up there. Thanks ... JC?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where were you seeing this link, Claudio?  I have to admit I never saw one, but it might have been right out there and I just never noticed it.

I always come find the spam report thread by navigating through three or four links.  It would be handy if that were quicker.

You're not talking about the Report abuse link are you?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just as I said, I'm talking about the direct link to the Report Spam thread that used to be at least in the front page of this Comments forum. Which now seems to be called only "Forums"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: It is still called Forum Comments in the front page. My mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, happens to the best of us.

So you're saying that there's not been a direct link to the Report Spam thread, per se, but to the comments forum which contains the thread.  I was starting to wonder whether maybe it was something you'd added to your browser to augment the forum.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I am talking about a link to the present Spam report thread, the same link I asked here to be updated (because it did exist but pointed to the previous spam thread), shortly after opening Spam report thread [6]:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3802473#3802473

And I am asking because I noticed some days ago that it is no longer there.

Incidentally, I have just also noticed that the Spam [6] thread has now 245 posts, much more than the 190 that the Spam [3] thread had when it was officially closed and replaced by the Spam [4] thread because it was "becoming too long to be read comfortably on mobile devices", and there were persons who cared about such things. If the last two experiences serve, I would venture to guess that at any time in the future the Spam [6] thread will be misteriously archived or locked with no replacement offered...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use mobile devices (at least not to visit this forum), so I have no problems with the spam report topic becoming as long as it gets.

But if someone does (have a problem with the spam report topic being too long), please post here (or the spam report topic itself), and someone will open a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use them either, but that was the official excuse used for closing the Spam [3] thread and opening the new Spam [4] one; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/580555?start=0&tstart=0.

As for the Spam [4] and Spam [5] threads, they were archived/locked without any explanation, and without offering new threads. The Spam [5] and Spam [6] threads were both opened by me because I felt that they were needed and nobody else did anything to replace the closed threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the "missing link"; it is visible in the "Overview" view: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=overview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

Regarding the "missing link"; it is visible in the "Overview" view: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=overview

Well, not everyone uses the Overview view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I don't use it either, normally, but there are some things visible only on Overview view, others only in Discussions view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

I don't use it either, normally, but there are some things visible only on Overview view, others only in Discussions view.

Shouldn't some things (like a link to the Spam thread) be visible in both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're assuming that the world is supposed to somehow make sense.

That only happens in movies.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the Discussions view is that it is not customizable (only Overview is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is back up there. Thanks ... JC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, as "Featured Discussions".  I didn't think of that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines