Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Please Close The Fallowing Applications To Continue: Adobe Bridge CS5

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS NOT EVEN OPEN!!!!

I'm Trying To Install The Trial Version Of Adobe Premiere Family CS5.

You Guessed It- BRIDGE IS STALKING ME!!!

What Do I Do? I get To The "Installation" Part, And it Fails. I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO WAIT A STINCKING HOUR! I WANT MAI ADOBE PREMIERE!.... also, is this the right program for uplaoding pictures to make a stop motion movie on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, yhea and-   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe product are you installing? I would post to that forum, as this one is for discussing, well the forums.

Also, depending on how things are set up on your computer, you might be surprised, that Bridge IS running, or at least part of it.

Look in Task Manager to see if it's running.

Also, with MSCONFIG, you can change thinks in Startup, and with Bridge, in Edit>Preferences. Check both places.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Thought I Said Premier, Oh Well, As Usual- Too Lazy To  Look Back >_>

And...How Do I Get To Task On Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, found it, eh... sadly....ITS NOT OPEN D:

It happens EVERY TIME I try to install a Adobe Program. Oh, And the Program Is Adobe Premier...

Message was edited by: Ian130900 <---- he is AWESOME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Processes Tab, not just in the Applications Tab. Check for anything Adobe.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so....wait WAT?! I didn;t realize that I had bridge until i downloaded after effects (first adobe download) and looked for bridge. although somehow i downloaded after effects, i dont know how i did it with this pesky adobe bridge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian130900 wrote:

so....wait WAT?! I didn;t realize that I had bridge until i downloaded after effects (first adobe download) and looked for bridge. although somehow i downloaded after effects, i dont know how i did it with this pesky adobe bridge...

So what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....WHAT?

How do I get adobe premier trial (CS5) to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about asking in the Premiere forum? Here is a link to the complete list of Adobe products forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You don't seem to understand that you are at the wrong forum, and addressing just fellow users, not Adobe. This forum is just for discussions on the forums themselves. And there are probably many like me, who have never been even close to any of the Premiere programs, so your chances of getting help here with your specific problem look very lean to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh Claudio, while Bridge what nothing to do with the forum . Its has nothing to do with Premiere also It comes with CS packages:

This is a Paragraph on Bridge from Help:

Adobe® Bridge, provided with Adobe Creative Suite® 5 and CS5.5 components, lets you organize, browse, and locate the assets you use to create content for print, the web, DVD, video, and mobile devices. Adobe Bridge keeps native Adobe files (such as PSD and PDF) as well as non‑Adobe files available for easy access. You can drag assets into your layouts, projects, and compositions as needed, preview files, and even add metadata (file information), making the files easier to locate.

File browsing
From Adobe Bridge you can view, search, sort, filter, manage, and process image, page layout, PDF, and dynamic media files. You can use Adobe Bridge to rename, move, and delete files; edit metadata; rotate images; and run batch commands. You can also view files and data imported from your digital still or video camera.
Mini Bridge
Browse and manage assets using the Mini Bridge panel in Adobe Photoshop® CS5, Adobe InDesign® CS5/CS5.5, and Adobe InCopy® CS5/CS5.5. Mini Bridge communicates with Adobe Bridge to create thumbnails and keep files up-to-date. Mini Bridge lets you work with files more easily within the host application.
Camera raw
If you have Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe After Effects® CS5/CS5.5, or an edition of Adobe Creative Suite 5 or CS5.5 installed, you can open or import camera raw files from Adobe Bridge, edit them, and save them in a Photoshop-compatible format. You can edit the images directly in the Camera Raw dialog box without starting Photoshop or After Effects, and copy settings from one image to another. If you don’t have Photoshop or After Effects installed, you can still preview the camera raw files in Adobe Bridge.
Color management
If you have an edition of Adobe Creative Suite 5 or CS5.5, you can use Adobe Bridge to synchronize color settings across color-managed Adobe Creative Suite components. This synchronization ensures that colors look the same in all Adobe Creative Suite components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in any way related with the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Is this in any way related with the forums?

Perhaps not but since it has gone on for too long, we might as well answer it to help the guys.

You have been quite busy today sorting out the spam problems!  Saturday was very quiet as far as spam is concerned.  They were all drinking heavily it seems!

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DWILCOX01 wrote:

... Saturday was very quiet as far as spam is concerned.  They were all drinking heavily it seems!

hth

Was it? I count 6 post involving 12 spammers on Saturday,  just in the Spam forum, some of them with dozens of spam messages. Please tke a look at this message:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3719984#3719984

As to helping people in here with specific product questions, just because some others have done it, let's not forget that one very effective way of helping poor lost souls such as this one is to teach them how to use these forums properly, not to insist in posting in the wrong forum after several times or being told where to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that most Adobe programs these days comes with Adobe Bridge.  It is one way to make connecting to Adobe portal easier!.

What I don't understand is why should it affect your installation of other Adobe Programs because Bridge does not remain in the memory all the time.  It is launched on demand (not automatically) and it closes immediately if you exit it.  Adobe doesn't like people to hang around on their portal unnecessarily so this is clearly puzzling!.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the "Premiere Family" had be quessing. Did you mean Premiere Pro CS5.5? That link should take you right there.

As for Task Manager, it's been Ctrl+Alt+Del for many versions, but do not know if MS changed the hot-keys in Win7.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says at the top of the content list of this forum, this place is

for discussing issues with the forums, not for product help. For help

with whichever product you are trying to install, go to the forum for

that specific product. Or if it is a generic Bridge issue, go to the

Bridge forums: http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines