• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logged out in one of two computers

LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to computers to visit these forums: a Mac with OS 10.6.8 and Firefox 22.0, and a laptop with Windows 7 and Explorer 10. Both are connected to the same LAN.

Some minutes (?) ago I tried to enter the forums in my Mac and I found that I had been logged out. I did not log in but closed Firefox and moved to my laptop, where I entered the forums normally. On going back to my Mac, I had to log in to enter here.

Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't think I follow.

You tried on your Mac desktop and found you were logged out. You didn't log in. You used another computer (no bearing on the situation). You came back to your Mac desktop and were still logged out and had to log in. Sounds about right. If you got logged out on your desktop you have to log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point/question is: why was I logged out in one computer and not in the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

On Aug. 02, I had many Adobe Forum page Refreshes hang. Got a few messages from Chrome on "time outs." No log-outs, but hangs and slow page Refreshes.

Then, as the day progressed, I had similar on several other pages too. Two of those were for a German mfgr's. Web site, but do not know where they are hosted - only where they are located. Got more time outs from Chrome too, and those pages that loaded properly, were very, very slow, and navigation was all but unresponsive.

I also did not do a trace on anything, either on my end, or theirs.

On Aug 03, all things seem to be back to "normal." Busy day on the Internet?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill, but my question remains unanswered: why in one computer and not in the other (same time, same connection)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I wish that I could help you there, but cannot, beyond wishing you good luck.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, thanks for your encouragement. As I said, things are back to normal now. However, my scientific formation doesn't like these unexplained Jive "features"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't like these unexplained Jive "features"...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that one computer was connected to node X and the other to node Y and something happened to one of the nodes, forcing you over to another node where you had to sign in again.

Wish I could come up with something more devious, but I think it is a simple thing.

You can have one computer with two browsers and they will each be connected to a different node and one can get bumped off line if that node needs to be restarted while the other browser on an unaffected node merrily rolls along without interruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally been able to login; this is what I got all morning long:

unavailable.PNG

and

unavailable2.PNG

Same at https://www.adobe.com/ and https://helpx.adobe.com/ as well as http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines