• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOL - Post Rejected - 2 Years Later!

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I received, in my eMail, a rejection notice.  God only knows how these things happen, or why it never appeared in the forum to help the user who was having problems.  Perhaps the word "extension" did it in.

Hello,

You have received this email because the content you posted below has been rejected by our moderators.

Re: Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

posted Nov 4, 2011 4:22 PM  

It's just that it's hard to believe that you didn't actually mindlessly type the extension instead of selecting the format (or after accidentally selecting the wrong format), and I don't think any amount of discussion or reassurance can dispel that possibility.  I've certainly done things like that myself.  The only thing I have to go on is the fact that I've used Photoshop for almost 2 decades and it just hasn't done what you say you're seeing, saving a file with a format different than selected or unexpectedly overwriting a file.

I assume you have turned on file extension visibility in Explorer.

What you might want to do:

1.  Go into Edit - Preferences - General, and check the [ ] History Log setting.  Choose Text File, and set it up to keep a detailed Photoshop Edit Log.txt file somewhere you know to look on your hard drive.

2.  Repeat the sequence 100 times as you stated.

3.  If you see the failure, open your Photoshop Edit Log.txt file in an editor, isolate some of the text (at the end) where the problem was NOT and WAS seen as well as the part where the file wouldn't open.  Perhaps that can help you prove it wasn't user error. 

4.  Submit all of the information to Adobe via this site: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Also, if you have something unexpected happen, do a sequence of screen grabs.

-Noel

But it's a good thing that Adobe let me know it was rejected, so that I could rephrase it. 

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the term "extension" is considered spam tag and recently added to

the Adobe list of prohibited words because some spammers are pedaling

extensions for body parts on these forums!!!!!!!!!.

I use extensions quite a lot in Dreamweaver and David Powers (senior

moderator on Dreamweaver forums) rejected many of them. It is all part

of everyday life in these forums. I continue using the term all the

time and sometimes it goes through and most of the time it doesn't.

Let's see if this goes through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if spammers start using the word image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well That term will be banned too. And If the word Acrobat was abused Acrobat would be banned and so it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just testing if extension is really a banned word...

Edit: no, it is not.  It was posted without having to be approved by a mod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing the list has changed in 2 years.  But the "hold" wasn't why I posted.  The "delay" is what made me smile.

Seems like kind of a long time to wait in limbo for an ultimate rejection, don't you think? 

I'll bet it was ultimately rejected because the Photoshop Windows forum isn't even active any more (been a long time).

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just shows how long Jive takes to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

As one, who is used to "rejection," I am not surprised. I still get letters of rejection from publishers, when I submitted the manuscript in 2010!

As for your post/reply, I see no issue with it, and never saw it in Moderation - then, or recently.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines