• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost features for busy contributors

LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My biggest problems in using the new forums effectively.

1 On the old forums, I had set up “my forums” to be the ones I was interested. My “forum home”, used dozens of times a day, was the list of forums. This was not perfect, but if used frequently it showed me the new messages in the forums I was interested in, and not anywhere else. How do I do something like that? In other words, how do people who want to track and have the opportunity to reply to all messages in particular forums do that?

2 On the old forums, the list of “trending questions” didn’t just show the thread creator, but the person who posted last. I used this info constantly to avoid revisiting messages where nothing had happened since my last reply. Can I get this back?

3 The list of “trending questions” used to have a “more” option to go back further. How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Personalized homepages are gone. You're supposed to assemble "streams" and view them in your Activity page, but there's no way to replicate a collection of 'recent activity' widgets. I wish there was, I had the same setup keeping an eye on ten spaces. I've pretty much given up monitoring them now, it takes too long.
  2. The list-style displays on the 'Overview' pages can't do that anymore, but the 'Content' page in card-style view will be able to if/when the bugs are fixed. At the moment it shows the OP instead of the last replier.
  3. Again the 'Overview' pages can't do that anymore, but the 'Content' page has pagination in the top right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My major beefs are

1.  Can not see how to jump to last post

2.  No breadcrumb at bottom of thread.  Backspace does not always work first time.

3.  Fix so can see last responder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

My major beefs are

2.  No breadcrumb at bottom of thread.  Backspace does not always work first time.

None of these will ever come back.  These forums are as they are.  They can't be customized for Adobe unless, of course, Adobe is prepared to pay for the time and labour.  As I understand it, Jive won't support anything that is customized so this means, either you have support from Jive or have customized forums to make everybody happy.  You can't have both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these will ever come back.  These forums are as they are.

I am astonished that customisations are required for such fundamentally basic requirements in forum software.

Clearly Jive 7.0 is not the appropriate solution for the Adobe user to user forums.

And clearly Adobe does not care to invest in improving it or implementing an alternative solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been told more than once that the Jive software is not directed to sites like these forums. And Adobe is more interested in the other sites, such as adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know but that leads to the question of how exactly Jive is supposed to be used so that we can get the best out of it?

Clearly we (and our old habits from Jive 4.5) are doing it all wrong in the new Jive 7.

If we cannot jump to the last post, what do we do instead to answer threads productively?

I guess we can live without breadcrumbs at the bottom but they are handy.

If Jive 7 will not show us who the last responder to a thread is (basic enough for a forum), how do we know when a questioner has responded and is waiting for our next response?

If the workflow has changed, what is the new workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about restoring updated so one can see if new comments have been made to a thread you visited?  The time of last comment is useless, it is needs to be stated in hours since comment was posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I see bolded subjects for topics that have had activity since I was there, e.g., on this page:

Photoshop General Discussion

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noel – yes, but the topics are missing the word "(updated)" or something like that…
And viewing and reading new comments in the Inbox will not change the "bolded" subject titles to "normal" in the list view of a specific subforum.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I noticed that.  It's less useful than ever.

We should be happy with that, I guess.  Gone are the golden days of computing and the internet, when functionality mattered most.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curt Y wrote:

And what about restoring updated so one can see if new comments have been made to a thread you visited?  The time of last comment is useless, it is needs to be stated in hours since comment was posted.

You can have something similar like 4.5 showed (updated or new topics in bold) by using

https://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~...

(or using the Discussions tab where available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines