• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Massive slowdown and email notifications - This is a big problem.

Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning, Jan 28, 2020, I suddenly am getting an email every time I post something to the forum that says:

Hi Rick_Gerard,
Rick_Gerard just posted in a community you follow.

I checked notifications, it took, and I'm not exaggerating, more than three minutes for my profile to load, and I clicked on the notifications tab at 8:14 this morning and it's now 8:17 and still not notifications page. At 8:18 the page finally opened. I should mention that I have a 90+ Mbps fiber connection and Linkedin, Facebook, and just about any other site I log into loads in two or three seconds.

Nothing has changed in my notifications panel. Why am I now getting notifications with every post? It's a huge waste of my personal time. The Email me when someone replies checkbox is always on by default but I never want an email notification from these support forums and I never got them before. I also do not ever need, and I don't know anyone that needs an email telling them that they have posted something on any forum. They already know.

There are other threads on logging in problems and forum speed, but it has gone nuts today. Somebody in charge of the code needs to do some serious housecleaning. It's ridiculous to have so much going on in the background that a simple forum hands up for more than a minute every time you try and do something.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option in this forum system, for some reason, to send you emails about your own replies.

You can disable if via Account Settings. However, I can't provide an exact description of where it is because I can't access them... I have reported this issue more than a month ago and it was supposed to have been sorted in the latest update, but it seems that's not the case. It's truly baffling that such a critical bug is allowed to exist for such a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could get to the options panel, that was not the problem. The problem was that I got a bunch of emails from recent posts that I made and there is not an option to turn on or off sending emails to you when you post. This behavior stopped after about an hour. I never got emails when others post because that was never selected as an option.

The biggest problem is the massive slowdown in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Only Brave is slightly slower. Brave is a new browser that blocks just about everything. Login times are slightly better but going to my profile is still very slow. It's faster than it was when I made this post, but it is still not even close to an acceptable amount of time for something as simple as logging in. There is just way too much garbage on this forum. When Linkedin, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Creative Cow, Creative Live, and almost any other site I go to with or without a forum load up completely in two or three seconds and the AE forum takes... wait let me time it: Ok, I opened a new browser window, I am already logged in, and it took 37 seconds to load up the AE Forum page.  If I wait a few minutes and go to another page and go back I have to wait about 30 seconds for the page to load and then about another minute for the login to complete. 

Sorry, but that's not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO the only thing you can do is in one of the emails you get there is an option to Unsubscribe from all Adobe Support community emails. That will turn off all the options for being notified.

If you can get to your Profile settings you can make the change there and or reset the option to get or not get certain notification.

2020-01-29 19_36_02-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines