• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matt Chotin on the email problems with this forum

Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the thread around and about http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/flexcoders/message/140998 (the Flex product manager) says that

a) they've tweaked the subject and body templates so things are a little better

b) if they fix the email header problems so that threading works correctly (as it used to) it might take a bit longer than a) did

Why they didn't spot all this before go-live (maybe they did and decided to do it anyway, for what ever reason) I've no idea, and why it's the Flex product manager feeding this back to a community not even on this forum is another exercise I'm backing away from 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's saying the forum operators/designers knew the email notifaction are flawed , they know how to fix it, they just haven't made it priority to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChivertonT wrote:

In the thread around and about http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/flexcoders/message/140998 (the Flex product manager) says that

a) they've tweaked the subject and body templates so things are a little better

b) if they fix the email header problems so that threading works correctly (as it used to) it might take a bit longer than a) did

Why they didn't spot all this before go-live (maybe they did and decided to do it anyway, for what ever reason) I've no idea, and why it's the Flex product manager feeding this back to a community not even on this forum is another exercise I'm backing away from 🙂

I am eagerly awaiting item b).

<conjecture mode>

The marketing department seems to have more influence on release schedules than the software engineering teams. If this forum was treated like their software, I suspect the marketing department was pushing to get it online - ready or not. Is this Support Forums CS4?

</conjecture mode>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

I am eagerly awaiting item b).

<conjecture mode>

The marketing department seems to have more influence on release schedules than the software engineering teams. If this forum was treated like their software, I suspect the marketing department was pushing to get it online - ready or not. Is this Support Forums CS4?

</conjecture mode>

<more conjecture>

Thinking they wanted to keep their promise of going live early in April, and since they were given an official week off (this week) and wanted time to let things settle a bit before that, pushed them out a bit earlier then they otherwise might have. Given there was only two days of testing the email issues (took a long time to get it set up properly) and finding additional issues rather late in the game... it resulted in going live before it really should have. They've paid the price by fielding many unhappy complaints as a result. Tweaking is still ongoing and will be until as many are as happy as it's reasonable to achive.

</ more conjecture>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines