• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My last "x" amount of posts feature.

Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. But can a feature be added where one can go into their account and access the last (say 10-20) posts (notice the keyword posts, not threads) they have made? This is a very common feature that ALL other forums I have been on offer.

And NO do NOT suggest email subscriptions. I do not want my email flooded with useless junk from here or any other site. If I want to follow up on a post, I want to find it myself and check back in on it. I do not want to see EVERY post that is added to a thread as many may possibly be quite useless cluttering up my inbox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

Click on the Button, highlighted with the little finger give history of every post you've post that they keep a record of since these new forums.

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, when I did what you suggest, all I got was a list of the last ten threads I have visited. This is quite different from what Ozz is asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozz, any reasonable feature can be added. Just as any of the reported bugs can be corrected. It just takes some interest and some money from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess they don't keep a record of more than that many post. Sorry!

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does clicking on your profile provide what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing in my profile provides what I am looking for. All that is there is the threads I have created or the threads I have viewed.

What I would like to do is be able to find the individual posts that I have made in any topic. I frequent several forums so it's hard to keep track of where and what I replied to.

Again I do not want my inbox to be flooded with emails by setting notifications--I stress this because I believe that someone will mention it as a solution, and the fact is I do not necessarily what to follow up on every topic I have replied to. And I don't want to have to sort through my emails as I do not always access my email whenever I am logged on the forums here and frequenting here while at work. I want to be able to track my posts here and not have to worry about which ones I have replied to and which ones I haven't whenever I check my email later when I get home.

Here is an example of what this would look like on another forum:

Picture 2.png

By clicking on "My last 10 posts" I am then brought to a page where it shows a list of every topic that I have posted a reply in. Not topics I have necessarily created myself, but that others have created to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that more. But only the first 50 or 60. I know I've posted more that on that many differentopics. I've been around since 2003 acording the records, its actually been possibly as early as 1999.

But with all the to-ing and fro-ing trying different forums styles or combining different forums,  several years have disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the world are you talking about? No one asked how long you have been around here did they?

50 or 60?

I asked for like 10-20, that's not unreasonable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I've already suggested an answer to get to the first 10 and some one suggested another way to get much more than 20. You implied you wanted to find out about evry post you'ver created or posted to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I would think that even with E-Mail (unless you totally participated that way) you wouldn't have what you want because even though I receive notification of all posts via E-Mail, the forum software doesn't transmit my own replies back to me via E-Mail. I know the Jive forums have many shortcomings, but fortunately it's smart enough to do that.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's why I stressed not email notifications. Because I figured someone would mention that as being an only option to what I wish to seek and it's not what I want.

I think the feature I am requesting would be very helpful.

More reasons to have this:

It is very hard to do a search for my username and find anything I have ever replied to.

It is not listed already in my profile as stated above (again I frequent many different forums and topics, as many users do).

It may also help keep new users from duplicating posts since many forums they are used to already have this feature.

I (as I am sure others do) find myself helping a user and coming back a few days later wondering if their problem was fixed...only to log back on and not remember which forum the topic was in or where it went to.

Anyone else find a need for this feature, or is it just me since I am so used to using it elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your profile info satisfies the majority of those requirements.  Recent Activity shows all your recent posts and replies with a link to the thread.  It would be better if the link was to the specific post though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines