• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My posts are continuing to disappear.

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep posting in places and then my posts disappear later. Are the forums still broken?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using any kind of Adobe product, including these forums, is such a frustrating experience. You'd think one of the largest software companies in the world would be able to build decent software. It seems like they don't care about making good software, only increasing profits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a pretty negative tone through all this and I apologize for that. Typically when I come here I'm already frustrated with one piece of Adobe software or another and the forum changeover happened to coincide with me trying to get help with some issues I was having. Some of my posts were lost and promising-looking threads from the old forums always redirect to the new forum homepage now. I experienced a number of issues with the forums at first, including my posts seeming to disappear without explanation. At first I thought they weren't being posted but I see now it was the moderation queue. I feel like it could have been handled better but it's easy for me to say that when I don't know what all the challenges were. Anyway, I hope you'll forgive my attitude and I try to do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"any kind of Adobe product, including these forums"

This forum sotware is not an Adobe product.  They pay a third party to host the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know that, but it's still something that Adobe is using and, like everything else Adobe does, it is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be more forgiving if working around bugs and crashes in Adobe software wasn't part of my daily life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still a forum newbie.  New forum member's posts go to the moderation queue for approval.   As a tip, don't reply to nested threads. Always use the blue Reply button on top.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually not a forum newbie but I guess all of that was reset in the "upgrade" that happened recently? And if that's the issue, perhaps a message indicting that my posts are in a moderation queue would be a logical thing to have? Many other forums do this. But here the posts are just missing until they get approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, are you saying that threading doesn't work in the forums? What's the point of having threads if they can't be replied to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see now that threading really doesn't work and this is one of the issues that needs working out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your posts have not disappeared.

Click on your Avatar in the upper right hand corner and select My Profile. You get this.

2019-10-17 19_07_55-About dev_willis - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my posts did disappear. They may have _reappeared_ recently but they could not be found when I first posted this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a pretty negative tone through all this and I apologize for that. Typically when I come here I'm already frustrated with one piece of Adobe software or another and the forum changeover happened to coincide with me trying to get help with some issues I was having. Some of my posts were lost and promising-looking threads from the old forums always redirect to the new forum homepage now. I experienced a number of issues with the forums at first, including my posts seeming to disappear without explanation. At first I thought they weren't being posted but I see now it was the moderation queue. I feel like it could have been handled better but it's easy for me to say that when I don't know what all the challenges were. Anyway, I hope you'll forgive my attitude and I'll try to do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are corrrect, this forum system is a MESS. As another user, an ACP and a Mod, not an Employee, of these forums and someone that comes here a lot to help other users I feel your pain and sympathize.

With the old system there was a Mod Queue that listed all Moderated posts and your post would say Being Moderated. Once a Mod saw it in the mod queue, read it, found nothing wrong with it he/she would Approve it and it would get posted to the forum and you would be notified of it being approved.

Now I have no idea where moderated post go, who looks at them and approves or rejects them. It is a Mystery that only certain, not all, Staff member know and No moderator is involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines