• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help Building a Graphic Design PC

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everybody, my name is David, and I'm hoping to get a little assistance building a computer system either from scratch or from a couple of computers I have picked out.

I hope this that doesn't sound unrealistic but I only have around $600 in my budget to build a Graphic Designer machine. My intentions are to get a subscription to Adobe cloud whereas I would have access to all of Adobe CS6 products. (I won’t be using any of the Touch or Game developers applications.)

I would like to post two links to two machines that I picked out that are in my price range and would like some advice as to whether or not either one of these machines have enough processing power to be able to handle all Adobe CS 6 products.

I am aware that neither one of these machines have a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and that I would have to purchase one and add it. Which leads me to my first question; are the processors on either one of these machines capable of handling a GPU that is on the Adobe recommended list for processors?

And secondly, if I were to build a machine from scratch, is $600 enough to build a machine that is capable of handling Adobe CS6  products? When building a machine from scratch can you tell me what the minimum requirements are for a motherboard? Or are there any sites that offer specific advise for building PC's for graphic design?

I noticed after looking through the list of recommended graphics processing units that the majority of those are very expensive, in the $500-$3000 range. Can you please recommend a graphics processing unit that is in the $200-$300 range that would be fully adequate to handle Adobe products? Also what things do I need to take into consideration when building the machine from scratch to ensure that all my hardware is capable of handling Adobe CS6 products.

What do I need to add to either one of these prebuilt computers to make them Adobe-ready, If they are in fact worthy at all?

Here are the links for two machines that I have picked out:

http://www.costco.com/HP-Pavilion-p6t-Desktop%2c-Intel%C2%AE-Core%E2%84%A2-i3-2130-3.4GHz.product.10...

http://www.costco.com/ZT-Desktop%2c-Intel%C2%AE-Core%E2%84%A2-i5-3470-3.2GHz.product.100027436.html

I do realize that neither one of these machines have a graphics card in them. Can you tell by looking at the specifications on either one of these machines, whether or not your typical graphics card would fit inside the case If they are indeed worthy in all other respects?

And I realize that I mentioned that I only had $600 to spend, however if either one of these prebuilt machines are powerful enough in all other respects, I don't have an issue waiting a month or two before buying the graphics card and installing a little bit later.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sincerely,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... This forum is to discuss the forums, not products, and not sales

You need to ask your question in the forum for the Adobe product you are using

How to Select a Forum http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1015

There is a Hardware sub-forum in the Premiere section, but it is aimed at video editing, so I don't know if that sub-forum would work for you

But, this forum is certainly the wrong place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

I agree with John T, and will gladly move your post to the Adobe Premiere Hardware Forum.

As John points out, the prime focus of that particular forum IS Adobe Premiere Pro, but the equipment recs. work great for After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Some of the video-specific recs. might be overkill, but as Photoshop now relies more heavily on the GPU, than it once did, most of the material will still apply.

If you would like the thread moved to that hardware forum, just drop me a Personal Message (PM), but clicking on my Profile, and choosing Send Private Message. Your link to the thread will be the same, but its location will then be in that forum.

Good luck, and let me know,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He already posted in the Premiere Hardware forum, and has some answers (1 from me) so no need to move this message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John T.,

Thank you for that info. That would be a great reason to NOT move this thread, which has run its course here.

Appreciated, and glad that I asked, before I did anything.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines