• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Forum Look

Enthusiast ,
Apr 05, 2009 Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time (3 years, anyhow) user of the Lightroom UtoU forum, I am liking the new look. Much better tahn the last try at a 'new look'! Only thibg missing that I have seen so far is a way to provide a 'Signature' to be appplied to each post I make.

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Not gonna be so easy to make the NNTP folks happy, tho. They lost that, and don't think email can replace it.

Sure it can.

no. it can't. email and nntp are different. very very different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave; They're only different in terms of protocol, basically speaking. I use slrn & mutt for nntp and e-mail respectively, but both can read Usenet threaded.

We're dinosaurs though; Most ISPs are shutting down their newservers because the majority of their clients don't use it and the ones that do use the mjority of their resources So it's a trend this days (lsing NNTP access)..

It's a little different here but I can't imagine it's worth the trouble for Adobe to put resources into nntp access for the few users in terms of percentages that use it. E-mail (if adobe can get the subject header cleared up) is just as efficient. Personally I can use mutt which is jsust great as using usenet access as far as I'm concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

I can't imagine it's worth the trouble for Adobe to put resources into nntp access for the few users in terms of percentages that use it.

The number of users might be relatively small, but in the Dreamweaver forums at least, the contribution of NNTP users was very significant. Most questions came from the web interface, but most answers came from NNTP. Many of the NNTP users have left, saying they won't be back.

I suppose others will eventually fill their places, but it's likely to have a serious effect on the value of the Dreamweaver forums for some time to come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David_Powers wrote:

I suppose others will eventually fill their places, but it's likely to have a serious effect on the value of the Dreamweaver forums for some time to come.

I suspect it won't just be the dreamweaver forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:24:05AM -0600, David Powers wrote: > S.D.A., > >

A new message was posted in the thread "New Forum Look": > >

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1869445#1869445

Author : David Powers >

Profile : http://forums.adobe.com/people/David_Powers > > Message:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep posting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you DOING???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think S.D.A. must be using email-only and hasn't looked in with a browser to see how his messages are getting cocked up.

I find it rather humorous, even though it is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Cheech y Chong>"Bailiff..Whack his pee-pee!"</Cheech y Chong>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry folks but the problem is on Adobe end and NO I wasn't using my e-mail client -- It happened via the web interface. Yes I know about refreshing the client causing multiple posts; but that didn't happen here. If by looking at someones profile it sends an e-mail message, something is seriously borked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A.—

Why do you suppose it is that your account was the only one which seemed to be having this problem?

Methinks it was a matter of PEBCAK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting email notification from every user? Or just from one specific user?

If it is just from specific users, you probably clicked on the "Receive Email Notifications" link in their profile at some point. GO back to that person's profile and click on "Stop Email Notifications"

For example, if you are getting notices for David Power's messages, go to his profile at http://forums.adobe.com/people/David_Powers and see if the email link there says "Receive email notifications" or "Stop email notifications." My guess is that it says Stop. So click on that and it should stop them.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But WHY does he keep making the same nonsensical post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think only he can answer that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is what evry one is Complaining about:

SeaMonkeypicture004.jpg

In this sample notice subject that has in title ....Form Fields Vanish....

And .....Re: Back button in threaded should be in a Threaded view:

Instead they are lined up:

They are lined up thi wasy because of the code numbers/serial numbers inside the Brackets [].

Making each individual subjects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the code in brackets is the problem. They're tinkering with it now, changed [Indesign General Discussion] to just plain [Indesign]. And they removed a whole bunch of useless information that was displaying in the email above the actual message. But that code is still there, and it seems to be integral to linking email replies back to the thread. Because of that code, though, I have to pretty much click on the link and go see what else is in the thread. I see something I want to respond to, but I'm not going to hunt through thousands of emails to try and figure out which ones belong together.

Catch-22: The code is there to allow email replies. But since the code makes email threading impossible, no one is going to reply by email.

Ken Benson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kenneth C. Benson wrote:

Yes, the code in brackets is the problem. They're tinkering with it now, changed [Indesign General Discussion] to just plain [Indesign]. And they removed a whole bunch of useless information that was displaying in the email above the actual message. But that code is still there, and it seems to be integral to linking email replies back to the thread. Because of that code, though, I have to pretty much click on the link and go see what else is in the thread. I see something I want to respond to, but I'm not going to hunt through thousands of emails to try and figure out which ones belong together.

Catch-22: The code is there to allow email replies. But since the code makes email threading impossible, no one is going to reply by email.

Ken Benson

Can't they figure out how to hide the []'s and evrything in-between when sending out the notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John:

No that didn't happen; in fact I've never even visited that persons profile ever. Very strange. I've created another account -- Just in case my previous account has been compromised.

I wasn't even in the office when some of those repeating posts came; So in other words I wasn't even online.

In any event lets hope they have stopped -- Once again my apologies folks for the disturbance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

I don't get it.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines