• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Look?

LEGEND ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm-m, seems that we have a "new look" in the forums, as of Sunday, May 06, 2012 @ ~ 2:30PM PDT.

Not sure that I like it, but time will tell. Most of us have just "rolled with the punches," and accepted all changes.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Getting rid of a lot of  excess code should help speed things up. These are the new skins that the forum announcements were referring to last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Bill Hunt:

Bill, has your face always been this red in your profile picture, or is this another byproduct of the new forum look? 

Looks as if you loaded an Adobe RGB image and the forum software. stripped the embedded profile (if the file was in fact tagged).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Station_One, as noone will know to whom I am replying, otherwise, I am not sure. That was shot in Hawai`i, and I HAD been drinking, so maybe it was the sun, the wine, or maybe the "new and improved" look of things?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_one wrote:

Bill, has your face always been this red in your profile picture

It's clearly a color-management issue, as the tiny icon isn't the same color as his full profile picture.  I've viewed Bill's full profile picture before, and it wasn't that red, so it's definitely a NEW color-management issue.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also argee that I dont like the new forum look.

Its funny how on the right there is still Points for Correct and Helpfull answers but nowhere to see what people have.  Not that I even cared about it but thought it was funny.  Maybe im missing something.

Like Bill said I to liked seeing posing info of people.

This version needs work.

GLenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version needs work.

Oh yeah!.

Anybody else not like the buttons on the left now.  I mean, most of us are right handed.  Why force us to drag the mouse across the screen now.  They were fine where they were.  Moving them won't speed load times, so why were they moved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reminds me of Google Reader's recent oversimplification... er I mean redesign.   Most users didn't like it and still don't.  Why water down and remove useful features like "reply to"? 

Adobe software users are a pretty sophisticated bunch and typically things go in the opposite direction - providing more power and functionality over time.

There also seems to be more open/dead space around each post when viewed in Chrome... in Firefox things look better, though not sure why there is such a difference.  <== Need to clear browser cache of previous content and this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reminds me of Google Reader's recent oversimplification... er I mean redesign.   Most users didn't like it and still don't.  Why water down and remove useful features like "reply to"? 

"Go to Original post" is also missing.  How about: "Reply to Original post"?

To avoid replting to some obnoxious people I prefer to "Reply to original post" but this has been removed.  Also in a long thread, there is no short cut method of going to the original post.  Can you imagine scrolling all the pages in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/877321?start=0&tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears they have done away with points and the red "meatballs".  Can not see them listed in user profile either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears they have done away with points and the red "meatballs".  Can not see them listed in user profile either.

Yes it is all gone and I think it is good thing because some people in DW forums thought that they have some god given rights to abuse some posters because they have clocked up some 50,000 points over the past 15 years!!!!.

IMHO all users should be equal and nobody should be shunned or insulted unnecessarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a thread going with know issues of the new skins HERE

Also it looks different in each browser.

I use Chrome and buttons are missing and the color is mainly all white-ish

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm-m. I would imagine that those folk would "abuse" others, regardless of any "salami" showing. I do not believe that their contributions are the only reason for their poor behavior, but could be wrong.

Having lived with the "new and improved" forums for a few hours, let me say that I am less than impressed, and at many levels.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Yes it is all gone and I think it is good thing because some people in DW forums thought that they have some god given rights to abuse some posters because they have clocked up some 50,000 points over the past 15 years!!!!.

IMHO all users should be equal and nobody should be shunned or insulted unnecessarily.

That won't make a difference They have had the same Attitude since DreamWeaver was a MacroMedia Product I had DW since two versions  behing the Studio 8 Package and attempted to ask 4 questions in That time I did not receive som much as an acknowledgement of my questions. I ended up finding out for myself. Unaware if the the method I used was correct. Its more of a Who'sWho Club than giving answers to anyone's questions.

I don't care about the points but they could acknowledge how long you've bee a member. example counting my DW experience I've been a member since 2002

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum admin has announced that sausages and points are coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Internally some folks called them "sausages." Guess that's similar to meatballs (just had dinner with my 92-yr-old Italian mom). These ARE coming back. There was a last minute issue with them. Should have that fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting rid of the point meters -- I will call that one a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the threads that you are reading, are populated by some unsavory folk. Maybe I hang out in different product forums?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like things might be changing, as I type.

Now, it appears that new, or updated threads, are not bothering to show at all. One must look at the date/time, and then calculate when they last viewed a product forum.

Not a good thing!

Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother to try and help in the Adobe product forums. Adobe, and Jive, seem to want to make it more difficult, with each change. What is the "end game?" Does Adobe want us to all just go away?

Does Adobe want things to focus only on the Community Help, and for the forums to die?

Sorry, but I am becoming much more frustrated with some of these changes.

Good luck to all, but I think that I might just retire from here too.

Bad move Adobe!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eccchhhhh. Even more wasted space.

I think I'm gone, not that it matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New look, and a newer look . . .

I was wondering about the grey folks were talking about here. Everything was a rather sparse white for me. Then I refreshed my browser, and BAM! it's grey. Too weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines