Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW RANK: "SPECTATOR"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations !

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank.

Your new rank is Spectator .

This was an amusing email notification I received today.

I always knew I was a Spectator since I have never posted to the Community after 20 years of being an Adobe enthusiast; seems Adobe just noticed. Mostly though my ranking is more apt as "Less Than Spectator" Status since I do not pay attention to Community pages accept when I try to contact Adobe and inevitably end up redirected to the Community Sandbox rather than Adobe staff support.

The Community sandbox is where users expend their time sharing their experience and knowledge which is very cost effective for Adobe not having to pay wages to support reps when the Community can take over the company's role. Why would they?

A cost effective strategy undoubtedly yet more useful that the virtual assistant that religiously believes everything but knows nothing and like an obedient proselyte regurgitates everything and anything Bishop Robot inputs and yet the Virtual Assistant is an expense that comes with a cost.

Adobe should provide product prizes and/or discounts to show appreciation to offset the dollar value the Company saves from diligent Community Members helping other members in the Community.

Hey I'm just saying:  the Company should acknowledge "quid pro quo" like the Mick Mulvaney Model and in turn provide valuable quid to the rank members who save the Company $thousands, if not tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars $$$'s by hiring employees; that's one option I suggest as a ranking Spectator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Community Feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Peru Bob. I never thought there was a difference between Community Support and Community Feedback. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These silly badges are meaningless.  But what makes you think there isn't any quid pro quo? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Points-Badges/td-p/4789380

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reasonable inference makes me think there is no quid pro quo. While politicians tend to secret away the knowledge, Companies tend to advertise and promote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't infer.  Read the link I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I read the link and now, without inference, I know:

Points and chances are not quid pro quo. Points and chance are intermediaries like filling out a Survey for a chance to win something of value. Bonafide quid pro quo is direct value for direct value. Bingo is not quid pro quo because there's a table of possible prizes anymore than a points system that becomes a reward system.

Points to win a prize or a chance to win a prize is pseudo quid pro quo, akin to placebo; aka,  not the real deal, the Adobe Points levels is such a pseudo quid pro quo.

An Adobe Points System Award and an Honorarium is a distinction without a difference.

seminar is a form of academic instruction, either at an academic institution or offered by a commercial or professional organization. It has the function of bringing together small groups for recurring meetings, focusing each time on some particular subject, in which everyone present is requested to participate. An honorarium is a payment to an individual of special achievement or renown, in return for that individual’s willingness to participate in an event of short duration (such as a reviewer or participant in seminars (read quarterly), with the understanding that the payment does not constitute compensation commensurate with the actual services provided. An honorarium is a payment given for professional services that are rendered nominally without charge. The honorarium is intended as a ‘thank you’ for their time and expertise and is not a quid-pro-quo.

Thanks for the link.

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professionals get Creative Cloud software plus other perks and rewards throughout the year.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is beneficial for you and that's a good thing. I don't anticipate reaching your professional level or reaching any rewards whatever they are offically referred to since I am not professionally literate in computers generally or photoshop in particular although I have learned some basic skills with some success in designing personal and business brochures.

If I need help some times I would appreciate it if you are willing and able to be someone I could turn to?

Thank you for comunicating.

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy,

points are gone now arent they? I no longer see those on my profile page - It's just badges?

I've mentioned before that my badge ranking seems way off. 

But, sadly, I feel as if I am firing suggestions and questions into a black hole, pretty much, sympathy with ponts raised, likes and agreement from other ACP's is one thing, response from the forum operators is pretty much non-existent

neil barstow, colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines