• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon NEF/LR5 ACR Conversion Help

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm running into an issue when I import in RAW/NEF files into LR5 for processing that I could use some help with. 

I understand the basics of RAW files, that LR5 & ACR can generally only read the basic info from the camera's sensor/EXIF file (ISO, shutter speed, exposure, wb) and pretty much dismisses customized settings the user sets in the camera when shooting. Given that I tend to do the majority of my frame set-up in-camera however, having LR5 dismiss those customized settings is creating a tremendous amount of rework with varied levels of success for me in simply getting the shot back to the same level as what I'm pulling out of the camera.

Is there a work-around or way to import Nikon's sensor data or to set up a custom color profile in LR5 that I can build to mirror Nikon's sensor data, or am I pretty much out of luck with finding an efficient solution to this issue that doesn't involve using some other third-party software to do RAW/NEF file conversion?  If it makes a difference, I'm shooting with the Nikon D4.  I suspect there are others shooting with the Nikon D800 and some of the newer mid-to-high end Nikon cameras that are running into this issue as well that would benefit from finding a work-around for this issue as well.

Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Adobe product you use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to offer to Move this thread to either Photoshop, or Lightroom ACR, per John T's suggestion, but I see that you have posted to Lightroom already.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John and Hunt, I'm still pretty new to navigating Adobe's forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pnwnative,

Do not worry. Even we "old timers," have to look around, when trying to find the correct forum, if we do not hang out there much. Whenever I need to Move a thread to one of the Acrobat Forums, I will go ponder the list, before doing so.

Also, with an ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) question, there are four possibilities: the ACR Forum, or depending on the host application, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or Lightroom. Sometimes one has to really think about which is most appropriate. As it can be very confusing, counter-productive and frowned-upon, posting the same question, to multiple forums, however appropriate each might seem, I do not encourage such - and that is why, when there ARE multiple possible forums, I'll ask a bunch of questions, of the OP - better to get it right with the first Move.

Anyway, good luck on your question,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines