• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to connect to the forum

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using a second Adobe ID just to write this message.

It's been about 6 weeks now that I try to sign in with my official Adobe ID in this forum and when I do so, the address bar goes crazy: it keeps redirecting.

I tried on my Mac Pro, on my Mac Book Pro and on my iPad. I tried with Safari (up-to-date) and Firefox (up-to-date). It is allways the same.

When it happened, it was the first time I was signing in the forum since I was a fully Creative Cloud Member (so far I had the free 2GB version - but this summer I signed up for the full package deal).

I tried to chat online with an Adobe representative, and he said to me about 3 times that I needed to connect into the forum with my ID - and I was so speechless as I kept telling him that this was exactly the reason why I was contactiing him: because I couldn't do it.

He finally said to me that they were not trained.

So I'm hopping someone from the Adobe Team, United Stats side hopefully, will read this thread and let me know what can I do to restor my Adobe ID so it works to log in on the forum.

I must add that I have no other issues with the concerned ID: I'm able to log into my CC apps (desktop and iPad apps), to log intot he CC website, and to log into my Adobe account... It's really just the forum that I can't access.

Thanks in advance for helping me to sort this out.

Julien

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julien,

I recommend you visit the Forum Comments forum and post your issue there.  That forum is dedicated to helping with forum usage issues.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

If no one picks up on it there or it remains unresolved I recommend you contact the person that is listed as the first of the Top Participants on that page (unless his assistance has also led to no solution).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help but some sign in errors are corrected if you dump your browser cache.  If using Firefox it is in Tools/options/advanced/network.  I know as had to use that this morning to get online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ned,

I was about to say thank you for pointing me toward the correct forum.

But actually Curt, your tip did the trick. InSafari, I did Remove All Website Data and it worked right after that.

I'm using my correct Adobe ID right now.

Thank you guys.

Julien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Glad to see that your suggestion worked for the OP, but it was not helping me in Chrome. Now, however, things are back to working fine, so I will get beyond a few hours without the Adobe Forums. Just cost me an extra cup of coffee.

Hope that others, with the same problem, will be able to log-in now.

Thanks for posting your suggestion.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill,

It appears that rebooting computer is needed also.  Not sure if you need to dump cache also, as I dumped cache and then rebooted.  Next time will just reboot and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here was me all this time thinking it was just another 'feature' of the Jive forum software.

I get this about once a week or so--seemingly regardless of browser. For me, if clearing the cookies, etc. doesn't fix it, I just go do something else for anywhere from 5 minutes up to an hour and, when I come back, it usually works again...

...until the next time it doesn't, anyway.

No reboots / restarts needed.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

In my case, there WAS a reboot. I took the time to update the OS, and needed to reboot. Not sure if it was time, the Cache/cookie cleanup and reboot, or something else.

I put the direct troubleshooting on hold, and just did other things - like OldBob reports.

Good news - it's now working, so no real complaints from me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only had this problem once, early in the morning. Clearing the cache solved it by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Glad to hear that things cleared up for you so quickly.

I think that Curt's "extra step," of rebooting, after the Cache/cookie removal, probably did the trick for me too. However, as I did some other things, I may never be 100% certain. Still, makes sense to me. Just the Cache/cookie cleaning, and browser relaunch did NOT do the job, but after the system reboot, it worked.

What is a tad odd to me is that IE worked the whole time, and I obviously had at least one Adobe cookie there - since log-in was fully automatic. Now, I do not access the Adobe Forums often with IE, so maybe there was some other, offending Adobe cookie (in Chrome), that was missing from IE?

As of today, Oct 04, things are going well - other than my Google Chrome log-in PW keeps getting changed. Not sure what's up with that, and I have no clue it that is related to my experience with Adobe Forum log-in - coincidence? Something nefarious? Wish that I could track it down better. For now, I will take logging-in working, and contemplate the other situation.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested a llittle more thourghly this morning as had problem again. When I click my bookmark it takes me to the hated Forum page with the FAQ and Recent Discussion among other nonsense.  I am not signed in but when I click on Sign In it says "Jive SBS    OPPS! Page Can Not Found"

Rebooted Firefox - no change.  Cleared Cache - no change.  Cleared cache and reboot of Firefox worked.  Bookmark takes me to General Discussion and I am already signed in.

Need to fix ths problem.  This week 3 out of 4 days resulted in this problem.  Never had this problem before.  Something happened Sunday night at Jive.  WHat is Jive SBS error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Thanks for listing the steps, that got your browser to do the log-in.

It would be interesting to hear WHAT the cause of the sign-in error/page-not-found messages is, so that perhaps users could avoid that cause. I suppose that it will take a Reply from Adobe-admin, to help us avoid the problem - or update us on what is being done.

I have a few speculations, but they are just that - speculations, and not worth mentioning now.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt (still logged-in... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They either don't have any intentions of fixing it.

Or don't have the slightest how to.

With the error message with Jve in it I would assume ita Jive screw up and Jive don't want to own it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines