• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to log in; Do we now have to use new identity?

Feb 22, 2009 Feb 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent many hours in frustration trying to log on to the forums last week. Finally, I was able to log on by some mystery but no such luck this week. Is there any way to use my old log in name so I can keep my history, record of my use with topics flagged normally that I have visited, or do I need to use this new moniker and basically start over?

Thank You,

Ken

Ken Nielsen, forum user since 1997

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, they are trying to get people to link their current login information to an Adobe ID so when the two sets of forums are combined, the new software will know who everyone is, and what account posts belong to. The reason to tie it to store accounts is because there are so many common names that occur in both sets of forums. They need every login to relate to a unique account. The current MM forums are already tied to such an account, they are trying to add these to those. Things are not going as expected tho, and many people are having problems. Please look through other threads at http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7db68/ for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't expect Ken no longer to be able to log on here as himself, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He may end up needing to work with John to get accounts disconnected and reconnected properly. I don't know for sure, but I would suspect so. I get the feeling that that may end up being the case for quite a few people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saskatchewanobie, eh?

I've got a bad feeling about this...

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is... the names here go away. The bad news may be... they get replaced with whatever name is in the account you link it to. (and those that don't get linked will be credited to "Guest") I'm waiting to see if everyone is their email address if that is what they used for a log in name. Wouldn't that be fun ever?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilarious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2009 Feb 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, the spammers would have a blast with that one. a real hoot. :|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see we now have to log on anew each day, even though we have checked 'remember me forever please.'

This morning it did not accept my new log in and asked me to go through the entire new registration process again. I had to change my log on name, but somehow it then jumped into action and remembered my new moniker.

As long as it becomes consistent with the log in difficulty, we can forget about Adobe products and discussions and move into a new world of plying with code and requirements in an attempt to log on each day. An entirely new game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with logging on.  The system told me that my log on name that I have been using for over a month won't work and it made me go through the whole new registration process.  The problem is now I have lost all of discussions and threads that I had going.  What is going on?

P.S. when i tried to call the help number the guy told me that adobe doesn't control the forums so they can' t help with the log on issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mommy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK, Thanks for that explanation. If only it all worked as well as you explained it.

I'm resigned to going into patience mode, as it seems to be in Adobe's best interest to get it all resolved, as I know they will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a sub-forum to read/discuss the new forum

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't anybody at Adobe learn anything from the last time they tried to
change the forums? This coming disaster wiil be as bad as last time.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Steve, but let's be more accurate at least. This time, it seems that we are headed for relative tsunami proportions as compared to the only moderate disturbance last time. We haven't even got to actual usability issues yet, and already many of us are being swept inland by lockout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all your post already safe at the forum ,just sign up as adobe member then you will got all open access ,no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeez man get a real job. frickin spammer. you're using up perfectly good oxygen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another thread that was last posted to Feb 23 what the heck is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of threads were started when people were having problems logging in. Hopefully the reason they are not being posted to as much means the problem is on a decline for most. In any case, I don't have any problem at all in allowing some of them to be archived.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not that big a deal if its a hiccup in the system and work itself out.

Just curios as why they were bing recycled. I've replied to another message that has been recycled.

Disregard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... that was probably the result of a spammer that posted in a number of these threads, and had the posts deleted. That would end up marking them with new posts, even tho you can't find any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell us just ONE more time about your cookie & login thoughts, Phil?

Or maybe you could post in every. friggin'. thread. about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to rile thing up, Phos... he just wondered why things were getting new flags when there wasn't apparent new content. I'd have been confused too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines