• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On average how long should a download and install of Illustrator take?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious.  It's taken about 1 hours, and Illustrator is still at 2% on the install.  Do you think this is because my account information was hacked?  Is someone stealing all of my computer processor's cycles? Or is it because Adobe has their heads...I think I need a beer.  Arrogant Bastards Ale anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Adobe product(s) you use

Maybe Cloud Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

Or http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/creative_cloud_connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that our hacked account details will slow downloading & installing Adobe software.

Downloading Illustrator takes about 10 minutes on a good connection.  Installing it should take less, depending on your processor speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's about average using PPP or DSL.

Most modern Applications you need at least a cable connection I have comcast Blast. And when its working it can go as high as 30mb download.  Even then an Aplication Like illustrator would take about 30-40 minutes.

Try the following cancle the dowload

Unplug modem and Router's Power.

Disconnect cable or Phone connection or Ethernet input connection.

Let sit 1-2 minutes.

Power up Dome and Router

Connect cable or Phone, or Ethernet connction wait until all the lights that would normally be on to come up.

Now start up you WebBrowser and and try download again.

Should dowload faster.

Internet in in the US in all but Urban areas such a NY city, Chigo, Solicone Valley, some parts Texas  are subject dropped connection or losing signal aquesition. IN my area I have to do this at least once a Day, and sometimes up to 6 times a Day.  Other than price of subscription one reason Ican never  be able to use subscription. I just don't have stable enough Internet.

If it downloading through the alkmi downloader you might have a lond wait. Typical take 3-4 times longer thann a Direct download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

Other than price of subscription one reason Ican never  be able to use subscription. I just don't have stable enough Internet.

Speed has nothing to do with Adobe's subscription model.because all the software is downloaded on to your machine ONCE FIRST TIME and you can continue using it without any Internet connection (~~that is why there are cracks available to use CC products!!!!!!!!!!!).  The only time Internet is required is when you want to download the security updates and also when you have to activate your product every three months.

Adobe tried to outwit the pirates but it seems they have failed very miserably And these dunce MVPs failed to tell you that you don't require Internet to use Creative Cloud products.  You just need to be creative to use Creative Products.  No pun intended.

images.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But they do (I've Read at adobe) require Connection to receive a Phone home signal to veryfy your using legit subscription.

If they phone home and you connection  does not send the information then you have doorstops until the next period comes around and they phone again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines