• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On iOS what I type changes

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WWhen I type a query or response in Safari on iOS something weird happens at the start of a line. You can see it here. It doesn't happen every time and isn't consistent. Here, I just touched w h e n on the on screen keyboard. What I saw shown as WHen, ie there seems to be a lag on the removal of automatic caps. I then continue typing and a little later the start of the line changed to WWhen. This doubling is very common, with or without capitalisation issues, and has happened to me hundreds of times. Because there is a delay, just reading what I typed isn't enough to catch It.

I speculate that both the forum site and phone are trying to apply autocorrection. If so can I stop the forum going that? Any other ideas?

‌

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction, I think I touched Shift-w-h-e-n. The forum very rarely autocapitalises a line start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive's editor doesn't auto-correct but it does repeatedly send the text around a loop of JavaScript to check for things like '@' and links. Because of the gnarly way the code is written, it behaves as if the message is being deleted and retyped over and over. That can make client-side autocorrecting systems throw in extra characters. There's no way to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I'm stuck with it, as there is also no way to use it reliably under Chrome on Windows for me.

I wonder if autocorrect on iOS can be turned off per site (as it is a good thing in general on iPhones).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines